The real story concerning solar heaters

I have the Pentair Inteliflo 011018 VS pump. My pump came with a cable to hook it up to the solar touch. I just connected it and setup my solar speed as EXT 3. Now anytime heat is called for the controller tells the pump to activate that speed and opens the valve. When it's done heating, it returns control to the pump's internal programming and closes the solar valve. I couldn't ask for anything slicker. My neighbor is using the new Pentair 2VST pump and it works almost exactly the same way. I don't know about other VS pumps.

SolarTouch and SunTouch are two very different things. SolarTouch is for control of solar heat only, fairly simple and cost about $250. SunTouch is an automation system that can control heaters, pumps, cleaners, lights, etc. and starts out at about $400 and goes up as you add features and options.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.