The Poolcleaner--Onlines sites to buy from?

Ok I think I have finally decided that I am going to get the 4 wheel poolcleaner, suction. Those of you that have one how long do you run yours/day? and as I understand it doesn't get hung up on steps and cleans both deep and shallow end.

Does anyone have a site that they have bought something from that you would care to share? Trying to find a dependable site and just not sure where to buy from. Price is ranging anywhere from $385-$600. And some show shipping weight from 20-35 pounds. Trying to figure out what the difference is?

Also is there a way to find out the latest model number so I don't get a older one from a site?

Thanks for your help!

I just went thru ordering an online cleaner (not the poolcleaner) and it was a real hassle.

I went to the manufacturer's website and made sure of the current model #. Next, I googled that model number and wrote down the phone numbers of about a dozen online sites. About 7 of them failed to return my call and, of the five that did, I simply picked the lowest price because I already new more about the cleaner than they did. (and I had done nothing extensive)

Anyway, I'm pretty comfortable with online ordering just about anything so, since I was getting virtually no customer service, I simply opted for price. If I have an issue, I'll take it up with the manufacturer.

The cleaner arrives Friday....we'll see.

Hi Summersgal -

I just bought a 4-wheel suction 'ThePoolCleaner' from Aqua-Man:

[email protected]
(866) 400-2782 M-F 7am-5pm MST
Office: (520) 572-9840
Fax: (520) 572-8479
SKU: PVN020

The total was $520. $35 of that was shipping. It arrived via FedEx (from Tucson to Va) in 5 days.

It takes about 3 hours to clean the entire floor. I brush and run the poolcleaner on alternating evenings, and I am starting to think I can scale that back and take a night off from cleaning now and then. :) My walls are not smooth, but this unit still climbs them fairly well. However, it does not climb my fiberglass stairs, but does not hang up on them either. The only part of the job that is really a hassle is dealing with the sectional hose, mainly because I am still under construction (concrete deck and fence) and I don't have a convenient place to store it. Overall, I am quite happy with the way it cleans.

Like Duraleigh, I called several places that never called back. Aqua-Man actually answered the phone with a real person on the second ring. I would order from them again.

(Duraleigh - I thought I got up early ... :lol: )

I have just purchased the Legend Platinum from the PM Internet Store - $539, no tax, no shipping. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. They look to be on the up and up. I have a tracking # with UPS.

pmsuperstores.com

AFter making phone calls this is what I found out. I even called the company and talked with the daughter of the owner.

What she tells me any of the 3 that I listed are good company's to buy from. She was also very helpful and answered several questions I had about the cleaner. The best price that I found was with poolplaza and that is where I will be placing my order with tomorrow. The have the cheapest prices that I found.

Ken the 2 wheeler is $372.08 and the Keeper is $49.08

Summersgal

duraleigh said:
I just went thru ordering an online cleaner (not the poolcleaner) and it was a real hassle.

I went to the manufacturer's website and made sure of the current model #. Next, I googled that model number and wrote down the phone numbers of about a dozen online sites. About 7 of them failed to return my call and, of the five that did, I simply picked the lowest price because I already new more about the cleaner than they did. (and I had done nothing extensive)

Anyway, I'm pretty comfortable with online ordering just about anything so, since I was getting virtually no customer service, I simply opted for price. If I have an issue, I'll take it up with the manufacturer.

The cleaner arrives Friday....we'll see.

Dave, which cleaner are you going with?

- Josh

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The Poolcleaner / Jacuzzi Tracker

Hi there,

Based on the comments made by several folks on this board I got interested in the Poolcleaner as well. After a bit of searching I ran across the Jacuzzi Tracker (2X and 4X models) and the unit appears identical to the Poolvergnuegen units. From what I understand Poolvergnuegen took over the Jacuzzi line and renamed them. I found a seller online that still stocks and sells the Tracker 4X for $240 and the 2X for $199. I ordered the 4X for our pool to be installed in June so I haven't been able to try it yet. It was delivered to us in Canada in a week.

http://www.inyopools.com/cleaners_jacuzzi.aspx

Just to follow-up,,,,

I went with the Jucuzzi Tracker from inyopools.com. Took quite awhile to actually get it and fortunately they didn't charge my credit card until the day it shipped. It may have taken as many as 5-6 weeks to get it. I ordered the 4-wheel version becasue it was as cheap as the two wheel version of The Poolcleaner.

Works great. The only thing I don't like about it is the little puprple rubber adapter they give you to connect the hose to the suction line. Twice I had that thing get sucked into my 1.5" piping, once o bad I had to I use needle-nose pliers to pull it out and that included breakign off some small pieces before it eventually came out. I am looking for somthing more rigid to replace that thing!

-Ken

I have a 4-wheel pressure-side Pool Cleaner and it works for me, but I have it on a dedicated line with my Intelliflo pump running at 15 GPM in the off-hours. I used to have a Letro Legend that required a separate dedicated booster pump and I would say that it cleaned a little better, but I'm saving so much in electricity costs with my current setup that I'm fine with it and just run the Pool Cleaner a little more frequently (every day for a couple of hours). In general, the robotic cleaners do the best, but if you don't have a very challenging cleaning situation then the other cleaners are fine.

I have an opaque electric safety cover on the pool so it only gets dirty when it's open a couple of hours each day so the cleaning challenges are limited (mostly cedar needles and a few leaves). I have a ramp in the pool and sometimes the Pool Cleaner gets hung up near the corner of it when 2 wheels are on the ramp and 2 wheels are off it.

Richard

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.