The Poolcleaner--Onlines sites to buy from?

I started out with a RayVac pressure side cleaner with no pump. It worked OK, but didn't have a lot of room for leaves (I have a HUGE oak tree right over the pool - bad idea - but looks nice), and it wore out quickly (having figured out how to have the aqualink turn off the pool cleaner after x hours). Replaced it with a Polaris 360, and have been buying tires, belts, bearings and turbines ever since! It works OK, but spends a LOT of time in one corner.

Now looking at the pressure side The Pool Cleaner. Anyone have a comparison of these, especially the 360 versus The Pool Cleaner?

Jeff

I like mine, but I have an opaque electric cover on the pool that keeps it cleaner. Nevertheless, there is stuff in the bag that gets fairly full every now and then -- mostly when it's windy and the cedar tree decides to dump its needles. Right now, there's a pitasporum over the pool that's been dropping its petals into it when it's been briefly open.

Richard

I got the 4-wheel Jacuzzi Tracker (suction) for Christmas and have been using it this spring and it seems to work great for me. I just leave it hooked up and I'll run the pump for a couple of hours and come back and the pool is quite clean. So far so good. It does get jammed under the ladder in our shallow end so I need to purchase one of the ladder guards to keep it out of there. My setup has the cleaner going directly into the pump basket so I also might have to consider some sort of inline leaf cannister after reading today about someone clogging up their pipes.

It's early yet, but after a couple of months of use I give my Jacuzzi Tracker two thumbs up. :goodjob:

Riles

I have been running the 4 wheel suction side version for two years+ now, and it works pretty good.
I think the hayward navigator did overall a better job, except with leaves and acorns.
This one does way better on leaves and acorns and small sticks.
I leave mine in 24X7 365 days pretty much. The downside to that is a $60+ charge for wheels a year.
I ran the navigator for 5 years before it just got worn out to the point this one i got on clearance for $200 was cheaper than buying the parts and fixing the navigator myself.
If I could afford it I would run the navigator in the summer, and thepoolcleaner in the winter.

Been awhile since I've been on TFP (guess that's a good thing since my pool is trouble free!)

I am pretty happy with my 4-wheel tracker. I have a couple issues with it:

- I don't get 100% coverage in 12 hours/overnight so there are always a couple spots it misses. I have a dirty yard (shrubs with pollen, silver maples, etc.) so I just through the vac head on for a minute and get those spots.

- it gets stuck under the ladder at one end. I call it the deep end but I have a sloped deep end

- it climbs the sides - a good thing - but it comes out of the water, loses prime and then the hose disconnects from the side.

Despite these, I would buy it again as most are preventable (ladder guards, better connection to pool side) if I took the time (and a couple $) to fix 'em.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.