The Pillow Debate

I have always used a pillow under the cover of my 24 ft round AG when covering. This year, the contractor that put in our new liner offered to also close the pool. Can't turn that down! I had a brand new pillow out, ready to go but my husband was home when they covered it, and the guy told him he didn't use pillows, they just pop.
Honestly, I am a bit miffed. And I also have a covered pool without a pillow. What are your opinions on either cover or pool wall damage when closing without a pillow.

I've both used a pillow and not used it. The only positive about the pillow was that it kept the leaves near the edges so they were reachable. However, I don't use a pillow now, and I use a leaf blower to blow the leaves off the cover.

A lot of people say the pillows deflate. I use ordinary 36" round pool float tubes. I use them because I use a micro mesh cover and I don't want the cover sitting on the water........ If you look closely at the pic you can see 3 tubes in a row tubes.jpg

I've both used a pillow and not used it. The only positive about the pillow was that it kept the leaves near the edges so they were reachable. However, I don't use a pillow now, and I use a leaf blower to blow the leaves off the cover.

Same here. Tried both and not much difference between the two except easier to get to the leaves on the edges when using pillow. We have actually used Intex River Rafts since they are much more sturdier than the pillows.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.