The Outdoor Throne

bljamison

Silver Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
SW Oklahoma
We had our fiberglass pool installed in 2019. The corner of our back porch was the perfect place to have a bathroom built with a shower head as well. It gets used often when we have pool get-togethers, as well as, when we don't. No one has to go into the house, or dry off because nature is calling.

Attachments

• _DSC5294.JPG
    _DSC5294.JPG
    269.1 KB · Views: 173
  • _DSC5295.JPG
    _DSC5295.JPG
    309.7 KB · Views: 172
We had our fiberglass pool installed in 2019. The corner of our back porch was the perfect place to have a bathroom built with a shower head as well. It gets used often when we have pool get-togethers, as well as, when we don't. No one has to go into the house, or dry off because nature is calling.
That looks awesome!!

Reactions: bljamison
Let me tell u that was my one rule when we did our pool. I said no pool unless u let me build an outdoor bathroom. Well 1000 square feet plus later to match our house with a huge new fireplace, full kitchen, and storage I got my bathroom. Most expensive bathroom/privacy fence I ever built. My buddies kept saying. “Yah just a bathroom you said” as we dig ditches for all the utilities. 2 summers later finally finishing it “ yah longest bathroom build ever. Can I use it finally?”

Let me tell u that was my one rule when we did our pool. I said no pool unless u let me build an outdoor bathroom. Well 1000 square feet plus later to match our house with a huge new fireplace, full kitchen, and storage I got my bathroom. Most expensive bathroom/privacy fence I ever built. My buddies kept saying. “Yah just a bathroom you said” as we dig ditches for all the utilities. 2 summers later finally finishing it “ yah longest bathroom build ever. Can I use it finally?”
I can emphasize! I finally finished phase 1B of the patio last fall and dug so much extra trenching under it for waste, water and gas, only to lay pipes, run them to an end point and cap them off. Whenever/if ever phase 2 starts, it will have kitchen and bathroom.

Years!!

Reactions: bljamison
Nice!! Adding a bathroom to existing here, with septic systems and County regs, would almost impossible in red tape. But, I found a workaround! We had a guest room bathroom that backed the wall right where an entrance to it could be made. Took out a window, raised the header, and installed an exterior door.

Nice!! Adding a bathroom to existing here, with septic systems and County regs, would almost impossible in red tape. But, I found a workaround! We had a guest room bathroom that backed the wall right where an entrance to it could be made. Took out a window, raised the header, and installed an exterior door.
Permits? I just built a garage. Nothing to see here. Move along. Lol

Permits? I just built a garage. Nothing to see here. Move along. Lol
We used to be that way, but then the bardominium craze came along, and the County got a little smarter in appraising barns, garages, and attics. I'm under no city jurisdiction, so no post-construction inspectors unless they Google Earth something new on me. But, it's misdemeanor to alter original septic engineering and permits, all of which would come to light if I sold.

We used to be that way, but then the bardominium craze came along, and the County got a little smarter in appraising barns, garages, and attics. I'm under no city jurisdiction, so no post-construction inspectors unless they Google Earth something new on me. But, it's misdemeanor to alter original septic engineering and permits, all of which would come to light if I sold.
post construction inspectors? not following you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.