The old 'is this my fault' or did the resurfacing company do bad?

Apr 5, 2017
Valrico
Hi all!

We had our pool resurfaced almost exactly one year ago. A few months after the resurface we started getting spots in one area.. then another.. then another. Over the last year it's gotten progressively worse. This is on top of obvious trolling streaks on the side of the pool where you can see how they applied the plaster in some areas.

We contacted the pool resufracers but they did the ole' 'You messed up the Ph balance we need to see proof for every week of the entire year that you didn't screw up your Ph because this is obviously your fault'. So my question is.. is it?

We followed all of their instructions to the letter.. this job cost us quite a bit so it was in our best interest to make sure we didn't screw it up. We brushed it like they told us, didn't swim in it or add chemicals until they said it was OK and when we did we had the water tested to make sure we added the correct amount. Since then we've always maintained the pool.. it's never needed a shock or gotten too far one way or the other.

Here's some pictures, sorry for the quality sun was just going down. I'll take some new ones tomorrow. I just noticed today that the plaster on the tile work they did is flaking off and falling into the pool so at the very least they are getting a call on that as the top plaster is well above the water line so not sure how they can blame that on the Ph balance!

2DXpPGQ.png

iZhuUMX.png

fmpk2fg.png

The surface was supposed to be a blue aggregate mix so I'm wondering if they just didn't mix it correctly? Some of the splotches are dark, in one large area its white. Once again hard to see so forgive the bad pics.

Did we imablance the pool somehow or did they botch this? Plus is there anyway this can be corrected without a complete resurface?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome Six!

We have an expert that posts here, and hopefully he will weigh in. In my opinion, you didn't cause this with Chemistry, but I don't know if you can get rid of them entirely, without as you say something major. Local additions of acid exposure might help, but I would wait and see if an expert can weigh in before you decide on anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.