The net weight of Active constituent vs the package

samjesse

Feb 14, 2020
Sydney Australia
The suggestion by pool math calculator is to add 1650 grams dry stabiliser.

The weight of the stabilizer package purchased from Bunnings is 2 kilos, but written on it "Active constituent isocyanuric acid is 1 kilo".

Should I add 1,650 dry stabiliser or active constituent?

And if active constituent then what is the remaining 1000 g mixed in that package as it is not written on it? And what is the consequences of adding that unknown element to the pool water?PXL_20221008_205401279.jpg

And why is the obscure culture by pool chemical manufacturers to not be transparent about the ingredients?

Is my thinking reasonable?

Please help
Thank you

The suggestion by pool math calculator is to add 1650 grams dry stabiliser.

The weight of the stabilizer package purchased from Bunnings is 2 kilos, but written on it "Active constituent isocyanuric acid is 1 kilo".

Should I add 1,650 dry stabiliser or active constituent?

And if active constituent then what is the remaining 1000 g mixed in that package as it is not written on it? And what is the consequences of adding that unknown element to the pool water?View attachment 457335

And why is the obscure culture by pool chemical manufacturers to not be transparent about the ingredients?

Is my thinking reasonable?

Please help
Thank you
It says 1000grams per kilogram. 1000 grams = 1kilogram.

It’s a complicated way of saying it’s 100% CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.