The magic of opening day…

dickeystorm

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2010
Lake Jackson, TX
Hi all, I opened the pool yesterday to fairly clear water, hazard. I left the pup Um, Hayward sp2607x10, running to get a good c
lean. Forgot the shut off key and the pump stopped overnight. Today it will not prime and draw. I have 2 issue’s I’ve noticed while investigating. The 3 way valve , handy, is cracked and leaking air. I assume this is the cause of my priming issue. The other issue is that at the end of last season, for got about this, the pump had lost prime and ran for awhile too long. I believe it overheated as the basket is distorted in a melted way.
I assume I need to rebuild the pump and replace the 3-way valve to correct this. Costs are high so I don’t want to spend what I don’t need to, I also need to replace the booster pump.
I was able to get it going initially by primping with the hose.
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,

I think you nailed it already. No doubt a cracked 3-way before the pump will allow air into the system. You can try replacing that first to see if it resolves enough of your priming issues. If not, replacing that warped pump would be next.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.