The Great Slapulator Pool Saga

Yeah.. it does look nice, honestly. One of our neighbors has had a porta potty in their front yard for over six months with their pool build (and I don't know how they get away it frankly, no one else had one ever), so it seems builds everywhere are taking forever now. I told my wife if it's still there at Halloween that I am going to jump out of it and scare the little kids trick or treating!

Wow! There's no way my HOA would allow that. Several of the board members go on daily walk, for exercise of course :rolleyes:, and things get brought up immediately.

Reactions: Gladius Nova
Wow! There's no way my HOA would allow that
If it’s local construction code there is nothing they can do about it. We gained them several years ago if the project was big enough. I’m on a job site with one as we speak. Lol.
9612F3AC-7698-4DB4-ABE6-FE4A74711616.jpeg

My HOA also said I had the project had to be finished within 90 days of starting, lol, what planet are they on?! :) At the time I got it approved, the HOA was still controlled by the home builder and I'm pretty sure there is no job they could complete in 90 days so not sure why they expected it of others, haha. (No one has said anything, I just thought this was funny)

Well... I dunno. I actually am running for our HOA board (because I am stupid like that) but I don't think we will have a quorum again... the original landholders can keep control forever that way (despite not owning any of the lots anymore). Arizona law favors them greatly... the gaming of the system is actually codified in the laws here. 10 candidates and supposedly only 35 votes so far with two days to go. Need 66..... I guess that's part of the new math that governs statistics everywhere now...So it's probably fine with them... But let one weed grown in your front yard... zowie... never mind the lack of care of the common areas.

But no one else has ever had an outhouse during a build in our whole subdivision, and there has been plenty in the last four years including our own. So it IS new and unusual... And of course it has to be two houses down from me... because... my luck... Again... I will have fun with it on Halloween.....guaranteed...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well... I dunno. I actually am running for our HOA board (because I am stupid like that) but I don't think we will have a quorum again... the original landholders can keep control forever that way (despite not owning any of the lots anymore). Arizona law favors them greatly... the gaming of the system is actually codified in the laws here. 10 candidates and supposedly only 35 votes so far with two days to go. Need 66..... I guess that's part of the new math that governs statistics everywhere now...So it's probably fine with them... But let one weed grown in your front yard... zowie... never mind the lack of care of the common areas.

But no one else has ever had an outhouse during a build in our whole subdivision, and there has been plenty in the last four years including our own. So it IS new and unusual... And of course it has to be two houses down from me... because... my luck... Again... I will have fun with it on Halloween.....guaranteed...
Do you live in my neighborhood? Have you been reading our Facebook page about the weeds in otherwise well kept yards because of all the rain? Then complaints about common areas? It sounds like my neighborhood 🤪.

About two hours 15 minutes south of you (used to fly out of Mesa a lot when I was moving from Cedar Rapids, Iowa, so I am familiar with Gilbert), and if anything we were slightly wetter than you were this year. I think we are the "greenest" in 75 years but it's all starting to dry out. We do have a lot of weed removal to do, but little of that happened under the old regime, even though we were supposedly paying for it. I/we will now start getting blamed, but not until 11/11 the day of power transition... :) the new officers have talked about just cleaning up the weeds in the common areas ourselves on one of the weekends, but we've all been busy...

Reactions: Nikilyn
Hi, my name is Slapulator, its been 79 days since my last confession. I HATE THIS POOL BUILD! So 79 days nothing has been done. Emails, phone calls, texts sent weekly for updates always the same thing crickets. Today, a crew shows up to start the cage. After my shock wore off I noticed the wrong type and size screen was dropped off. :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:(n)(n)(n)(n) Have I mentioned how much I hate this pool build?

We live in a brave new world of "No News is ... No News"... trust me on that... it's no longer "no news is good news". Hasn't been on anything for at least five years, honestly.

I am assuming it's not a "free upgrade" either.. in theory if they couldn't get the correct stuff it MIGHT be possible that better materials (i.e. more metal in the cage) could have been dropped off, but, honestly, I know better. Don't let them under design this part of the pool.. Best of luck to you.

Hi, my name is Slapulator, its been 79 days since my last confession. I HATE THIS POOL BUILD! So 79 days nothing has been done. Emails, phone calls, texts sent weekly for updates always the same thing crickets. Today, a crew shows up to start the cage. After my shock wore off I noticed the wrong type and size screen was dropped off. :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:(n)(n)(n)(n) Have I mentioned how much I hate this pool build?
I feel your pain....my build started in March. I am getting the same response with my calls and emails. And when they do respond they are surprised that the issue hasn't already been addressed.

Reactions: Slapulator
I feel your pain....my build started in March. I am getting the same response with my calls and emails. And when they do respond they are surprised that the issue hasn't already been addressed.
I've gotten that a bunch..."oh that work order was closed, the sub said they did it." Here's an idea...no closing work orders until you confirm with the homeowner that they agree, gah!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.