Thanks Everyone

kechefs

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 17, 2010
Bought a house with a pool last Nov, it is our first pool. Hired a local company to open and found a swamp!! under the cover. Pool guy (after adding a bunch of shock) told me to run the filter until the water cleared LOL. No testing and he told me not to bother adding any more chems until water was clear!!! After 2 days of no improvement I started to read this forum and went to "pool school" through this site. Decided to go with BBB and after much hard work and effort I have a beautiful clear pool to enjoy with family and friends.

Thanks much to all the posters that got me through this!!!!!!!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP and glad you've already experienced what most do on this site. It is a great place for information and valuable instruction. Everyone here is great and glad you reaped the benefits! Congrats on your pool!!!

Thanks, I don't know if it is tamed completly I have a feeling it might act up at some point, but I know I will always be able to come here and get coached on how to handle it!!!!!!

Time to get that TF100 testkit or taylor k2006...either would do fine if you don't have one already. Regular testing is how we keep the beast from acting up :whip:

Still a work in progress ie; landscaping, there was no fence when we moved in.

[attachment=0:5udqh8mz]july 19 009.JPG[/attachment:5udqh8mz]

Attachments

• july 19 009.JPG
    july 19 009.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 87
In the Pipeline a small deck off the slider, stamped concrete from the deck to the fence over by the gate,tiki bar on the patio, a fountain in the right corner, and a pool shed on the pad next to the filter. Do not know how much we will get done this year, but hope to have the deck and pool house by fall closing.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support