Thanks, (bad) pics, a cat, and lots of rain.

T-cup

Apr 30, 2018
Ottawa, Ontario
I just wanted to thank everyone who actively answers questions on this site. We have saved SO MUCH MONEY by opening/closing our own pool as well as minor repairs to our old pump... repairs being removing debris from the impeller etc but still! saved us the hassle and embarrassment of hiring someone to just clean out the impeller! Not to mention avoiding pool guys selling us random chemicals we don't need...
Yesterday we had the pump replaced after the old one died on Sunday, and the guy replacing it was surprised at how crystal clear the pool was considering we didn't have a pump! I was so proud since I was meticulously monitoring chlorine, manually skimming and brushing it 1-2 times a day. I'm so grateful for TFP! So here is some post rain pics of our pool - does anyone else have a yard that causes the pool to end up super dirty after rain? we've had rain almost non stop for the last month (hyperbole) and the next day the pool is always dirty, but such is life with a pool in a yard with trees and dirt.
Still proud of it though!!

Looks great!
Dirt accumulates on tree leaves, and then rain washes it off into your pool ----

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Reactions: Tena and T-cup
Looks great!
Dirt accumulates on tree leaves, and then rain washes it off into your pool ----

We are glad you have found our information helpful. Please, if you can, consider making a donation to TFP.

We are staffed by volunteers and are registered as an IRS 501 (c) (3) charity and donations are what keeps the forum operating without advertisements.

Support TFP!

Answers my question! We had a heavy rain right after I ran the vac yesterday. Today it looked like a pepper shaker had been dumped on the steps and benches (brown mixed in). I was blaming the stone edging again as nothing can wash in (unless we truly flood). We do need to get grass down in one area, but just finished diy repairing the sprinklers (previous sprinkler work was done poorly).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.