melissacaivano

Jun 30, 2021
Brick NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
New SWG pool and have been struggling with high pH constantly using tons of dry acid pH down etc, using all your tips I finally got the nerve and used muriatic acid and within 1 hour my pool went from 8 to 7.4 and it was NOT scary at all. So big thanks to this forum

Reactions: Texas Splash
Welcome to TFP! :wave: Glad we could help.

Reactions: melissacaivano
Hey Mellisa and Welcome !!! MA is just like regular testing. It seems so much worse than it is at first and it’s all in your head. After a few tries you’ll be slinging bottles like a champ.

Muriatic acid can be a bit daunting at first. Easy way to dose is lower the open bottle into
the water so it floats a bit, tilt and pour. Just small amounts at first until you get a good idea
of how much you’re adding. Some folks like to measure and others, like me, prefer not to
handle this chemical more than once. Recommend eye protection too! Glad you’re here!

Muriatic acid can be a bit daunting at first. Easy way to dose is lower the open bottle into
the water so it floats a bit, tilt and pour. Just small amounts at first until you get a good idea
of how much you’re adding. Some folks like to measure and others, like me, prefer not to
handle this chemical more than once. Recommend eye protection too! Glad you’re here!
Yep that’s the route I went, added too little first round but got it right 2nd time. Used gloves and glasses

Reactions: Lilypad
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.