TFTestKits has refills on sale thru Nov 1

So, if I get this, it will sit for winter and I’ll not likely use the entire solution of any of the bottles next season. I’m apprehensive about getting in on this deal given that I didn’t run out of solutions this year (bought the kit at end of July) and I won’t start testing again until around May. I guess the main question I have is whether the solutions are reliable for up to two years. Otherwise, it will probably be cheaper for me to just get new solutions when I run out or at least wait until later for a full refill and hope for another deal early next year.

So, if I get this, it will sit for winter and I’ll not likely use the entire solution of any of the bottles next season. I’m apprehensive about getting in on this deal given that I didn’t run out of solutions this year (bought the kit at end of July) and I won’t start testing again until around May. I guess the main question I have is whether the solutions are reliable for up to two years. Otherwise, it will probably be cheaper for me to just get new solutions when I run out or at least wait until later for a full refill and hope for another deal early next year.

Chances are there will be a similar promotion in the Spring - maybe February or March.

For us that don't close our pools, if you're running low on reagents, now might be a good time to restock. For those that close for Winter, maybe waiting until Spring is a better option. If stored inside the house you can probably get 2 seasons out of one refill - but YMMV.

If you just got your kit in July, then it should last for 2 seasons, IF you store it in a stable environment. If you are low on reagents then it is a good deal. I find once you get your pool figured out and you are not fighting algae blooms and burning through all your reagents doing SLAMs then there are enough reagents to easily last two seasons, and that is a good time to replace them. No stress.. TFTest kit sales happen every now and then.

that’s really helpful, I was wondering also whether I need to replace each year. I bought in March, have tons of almost everything left, and will close today and not reopen til almost May. My CYA, calcium, and pH are very stable so all I really have to check and add is chlorine. the 0871 is the only one I’m running low on, but I figure my daily tester is good enough most of the time, except when opening and slamming... will I regret not buying this come springtime and slamming to open? is this worth buying for just the 0871, +/- 0870?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I love a sale. Not low on reagents, but testing more frequently cant be bad so I ordered a refill set.

I am also a sucker and have been trained not to pay for shipping, so added a whale brush some standard solutions, a few extra testing tubes, all to get the bill to over $100 to save $6.

I also included in the shipping instructions that I need a few chlorine only stickers since I use the Taylor tubes and sample sizer.

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
This was a helpful conversation! I just saw the email and was coming here to ask how long it lasts. I got the XL kit when I ordered mine so I am in no way close to being out of things. I think I will wait. LOL (and probably regret) but if it only lasts for about 2 years I just don't know that I would use it all up.

I am also a sucker and have been trained not to pay for shipping, so added a whale brush some standard solutions, a few extra testing tubes, all to get the bill to over $100 to save $6.
It’s still better than toilet paper math. 36 rolls = 96 rolls ???!!!!!!????!!!!!!?!? :scratch: This common core nonsense is for the birds.

This was a helpful conversation! I just saw the email and was coming here to ask how long it lasts. I got the XL kit when I ordered mine so I am in no way close to being out of things. I think I will wait. LOL (and probably regret) but if it only lasts for about 2 years I just don't know that I would use it all up.
Once you get your pool dialed in and you are doing testing just for regular maintenance you will get a feel for how long the reagents last. TFTK has this sale every now and then.. just catch it on the next round.

I was the same way until I had a chemistry issue and when through about a quart of CYA and FC drops. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.