TFTestkit finally in! Results posted, SLAM needed.

Fast7

Aug 8, 2018
Plainfield, IL
Yes, it's highly possible that heavy rain and wind dumped a lot of leaves into your pool as it seems to be surrounded by trees.
Elevated CC also indicates chlorine is oxidizing new organics in water.

Reactions: Lemonred34

Lemonred34

May 5, 2019
Louisiana
19 days. With any luck I’ll be done by closing time to avoid this in the future. I’m not giving up but I no longer have the expectation to swim this summer. Pool maintenance (brushing, shocking, vacuuming, testing) has become a part of the daily routine on days I’m off. Unless my electric bill is astronomical, I’ll continue on. I’ve checked filter so no issues there. FC still holding most of the time except for those 5-6 hours pool is in direct sunlight. Still lose very little there. Here’s a pic as of this am. Still making progress, no matter how small.

Attachments

Lemonred34

May 5, 2019
Louisiana
And somehow after uploading the picture it is much “duller/murkier” than the original. Don’t know what happened there. Took a screen shot of this photo and did a side by side of the original and the original looks much better 🤣 I promise. But I can see the return jet this am!

Fast7

Aug 8, 2018
Plainfield, IL
It shouldn’t take this long. Double check your CYA on a sunny day as outlined in extended test instructions. Maybe you’re not hitting your SLAM target for your CYA.
Usually it takes only a few days to turn into blue cloudy stage.

Lemonred34

May 5, 2019
Louisiana
Thabks
It shouldn’t take this long. Double check your CYA on a sunny day as outlined in extended test instructions. Maybe you’re not hitting your SLAM target for your CYA.
Usually it takes only a few days to turn into blue cloudy stage.
Thanks! I’ll check the extended instructions. I checked it today due to the frequent backwashing and heavy rains over the week. But will read up on that and recheck tomorrow.

Lemonred34

May 5, 2019
Louisiana
I did read that when the test, done correctly, could be plus or minus 15. Would it be beneficial to assume my CYA is 50 instead of “35” (I rounded to 40) for a few days to see if that helps any? I’m ok with wasting bleach at this point.

Lemonred34

May 5, 2019
Louisiana
16. And yes. 24/7 since May 13th (note, didn’t start true slam on this day) well, aside from one time my electricity went off in the middle of the night. Pump was off for no more than 6 hours.

Other Threads of Interest