TFP Meet the Expert!

Stupid DOCSIS 3.1 modems only do Gig downstream. Cox only allows 35 Mbps up since the upstream is DOCSIS 3.0... So likely that's likely Matt's limitation being a fellow "Tucsonan" (not "Tucsonian" or "Tucsowegian" they get mad at you for those two, so I say them often). Though the downstream of the movie shouldn't really effect the upstream on most consumer connections :) . I am sorry I missed it but I had my windshield replaced and the first one was defective.. so I had to do it again right when you were having the stream. The roads in Arizona are a mine field. I've never lost a windshield before coming here, and so far I've lost three. Almost one per year.

I'll try to watch the recording of it tonight...

If it doesn’t have it, you should get your auto insurance to add an auto glass line item. Here in AZ, replacing a windshield is practically a yearly event due to (idiot) truck owners that don’t have mud flaps installed and commercial trucks that kick up the rocks and stones on our roads (Tucson doesn’t budget for road sweeping unlike where I lived in CA where the roads were swept and rinsed ever other day practically). Both of our cars are on their 3rd windshields.

I don’t pay for Cox GigaBlast because it’s a worthless gimmick. We don’t do cable TV and the ISP house phone only gets used to control our HOA’s entry gate. Otherwise it’s there as my phone-spam diversion tool. I have a Premier plan that gets me 240Mbps down and 10Mbps up which is more than enough for our family’s needs. I just wish they’d raise the 1.25TB monthly limit as we usually get close to that in the off-school months. It was 750GB a few years ago and that was annoying because they would meter the connection down to a slow analog modem level (AOL days!) for the remainder of the month.

If it doesn’t have it, you should get your auto insurance to add an auto glass line item. Here in AZ, replacing a windshield is practically a yearly event due to (idiot) truck owners that don’t have mud flaps installed and commercial trucks that kick up the rocks and stones on our roads (Tucson doesn’t budget for road sweeping unlike where I lived in CA where the roads were swept and rinsed ever other day practically). Both of our cars are on their 3rd windshields.

I don’t pay for Cox GigaBlast because it’s a worthless gimmick. We don’t do cable TV and the ISP house phone only gets used to control our HOA’s entry gate. Otherwise it’s there as my phone-spam diversion tool. I have a Premier plan that gets me 240Mbps down and 10Mbps up which is more than enough for our family’s needs. I just wish they’d raise the 1.25TB monthly limit as we usually get close to that in the off-school months. It was 750GB a few years ago and that was annoying because they would meter the connection down to a slow analog modem level (AOL days!) for the remainder of the month.
I have currently six users (well, five temporarily, three of which are heavy users) of the internet in my house... I absolutely have to pay them the extra $50/mo for the unlimited data, and when you do that, the difference between 300 and 960 (that's Gig on a cable modem.. it's like a hard drive being smaller than it's labelled) is only like $20/mo. That's a Christmas present to the family every year. It really is a gimmick because only having 35 up slows down real life connections over about 300 Mbps. (Typically 10:1 is about the limit for asymmetry.) It does speed test at about 920 though so you can brag about it... :)

For windshields-- Yeah, the real problem is they never sweep up debris here, including after accidents in many cases. I had to run to Salt Lake City last week and you could see the state line for both NV and UT just by looking at all the debris or lack thereof on the shoulder. So yeah, I have the glass coverage. What got that window was some fool going 110 MPH on I-10 swinging into the left shoulder while passing someone only doing 80 MPH and nailing my wife (driving my car of course) with some of that wonderful crud that is ubiquitous on the shoulders here two lanes over. That one was scary as it actually went completely through the windshield... first time for that. A couple of inches lower and the $200 claim would have been $2000... just missed the aluminum hood on my car... $0 deductible all times so far... so yeah....

• Wow
Reactions: AlanHinAZ
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.