TFP for the WIN!!!

Jun 12, 2018
Glens Falls NY
So after a few years of mostly using TFP method (yes, I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't *trust* my test results on several occasions and went to the dreaded pool store) and finding myself fighting with my pool all season, I decided after closing last year that I was going to 100% commit (surrender lol) to TFP and the wisdom of you all.

I'm beyond thrilled to report that my test results after opening and following pool math directions to the letter that my water is crystal clear and everything has tested perfectly for 2 weeks and is ready to roll in advance of the first northeast heat wave of 2021!

I feel like I just won the lottery 😁

==========================================
veggiepatch70
------------------------------------------
Build Type: Vinyl
Volume: 5800 gallons
Latest Test Result Summary:
FC: 5.0 (3 days ago)
CC: 0.0 (3 days ago)
pH: 7.6(3 days ago)
TA: 70 (3 days ago)
CH: 0 (3 days ago)
CYA: 40 (3 days ago)
TEMPERATURE: 60° (3 days ago)
==========================================
Test Results 06-01-2021 @ 05:27 PM
Free Chlorine: 5.0
Combined Chlorine: 0.0
pH: 7.6
Total Alkalinity: 70
Calcium Hardness: 0
CYA: 40
Temperature: 60°F

So after a few years of mostly using TFP method (yes, I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't *trust* my test results on several occasions and went to the dreaded pool store) and finding myself fighting with my pool all season, I decided after closing last year that I was going to 100% commit (surrender lol) to TFP and the wisdom of you all.

I'm beyond thrilled to report that my test results after opening and following pool math directions to the letter that my water is crystal clear and everything has tested perfectly for 2 weeks and is ready to roll in advance of the first northeast heat wave of 2021!

I feel like I just won the lottery 😁
lottery schmottery.

comon , what’s more satisfying and more important than a perfect trouble free pool?

Reactions: Veggiepatch70
I was literally standing by the pool last night going "WTH do I do NOW???" :ROFLMAO:
right ? i know the feeling .

i’m walking around the deep end , examining everything. then all of a sudden, i’m like “wait! wait! honey - is that a stain 16 1/2 inches to the left of the main drain?”

her: “no dear, it’s a blade of grass.”

me: “hmmmmm, ok, i’ll go take a nap.”

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
This morning:
Test Results 06-05-2021 @ 10:20 AM
Free Chlorine: 3.0
pH: 7.5
Temperature: 70°F

Test Results 06-01-2021 @ 05:27 PM
Free Chlorine: 5.0
pH: 7.5
Temperature: 60°F

20210605_102011.jpg

I don't see any mention of SWG, in which case letting FC fall to 3 is flirting with disaster for CYA of 40. I know the chart says 3 is the minimum, but the target is 5-7. Personally, I like to dose up to 8 so I know that even after a hot, sunny, high bather load day, I'll still be at 5 or greater. YMMV

Reactions: Veggiepatch70
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.