TFP Clear in North Dallas - there is water in there

GDN

Bronze Supporter
Oct 17, 2016
Dallas, TX
It's not too often that you can find the water not moving at all due to wind - but it's pretty cool when it gets this still. The clarity is unbelievable and there is water in there. Pictures are just quick snapshots from an iPhone 6 standing on the side of the pool - water is 4' to 6' deep. Looks like the cleaner should have been running, but that is a nonstop job with a Live Oak hanging over part of the pool.

IMG_0715_zpsms99m4i2-1.jpg

IMG_0845_zpsxve85bla-1.jpg

IMG_0718_zpsqjitkd22-1.jpg

IMG_0848_zpsw0a0o8xe-1.jpg

No way!!! You're pulling my leg. Are you sure there's water? It looks like a pool right after plaster waiting to be filled!!

That's so awesome! I see your Stenner pump - how do you like it? You manage your own water, right? I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures even with the wind blowing.

Good job with the Live Oak. I have one and love it, but such a messy tree! I'm lucky, though, because it's in the front yard.

Thanks for sharing!!
Suz

No way!!! You're pulling my leg. Are you sure there's water? It looks like a pool right after plaster waiting to be filled!!

That's so awesome! I see your Stenner pump - how do you like it? You manage your own water, right? I wouldn't mind seeing more pictures even with the wind blowing.

Good job with the Live Oak. I have one and love it, but such a messy tree! I'm lucky, though, because it's in the front yard.

Thanks for sharing!!
Suz

It is pretty cool with the hose looking like it is floating in mid air - that is the TFP method at work.

I do manage my own water, there is almost nothing in there other than chlorine bleach. I drained about 3/4 and refilled last September because the CYA was already at 100 (after one season). That is when I found TFP, followed this method for the last 9 months. In the last 2 months I've used 8 trichlor pucks just to get the CYA to hit 30, I got it a little low when I drained last year, otherwise it is nothing but bleach and maybe a gallon of acid the last 2 months.

I love the Stenner Pump, it makes the chlorine very easy and I don't have to remember to do anything on a daily basis. The pool is only 2 years old. We added the Pentair ET8 and Screen Logic up front, having that made integrating the stenner and control of it very easy and a no brainer to me. I don't mind grabbing a few gallons of bleach when ever I hit the store.

Love the Live Oak as well. I planted it by hand about 17 years ago - never thought I'd see a pool in the back yard or it would have been planted further in the corner of the yard. It's great shade, but actually too much for me, it keeps the pool from warming up enough for me. As you note, it is a mess. It is dropping something in the pool almost year round. Acorns start in late August, then the leaves in the spring along with other stuff still coming out of it. Might get 2 months now with nothing falling out of it.

Jim - Leave my antique alone ! I'm hoping that beast will last me 5 to 7 years. It does a great job for the amount of stuff that falls in to the pool. I guess my PB was behind the times, they never mentioned robots, even 2 years ago, and I didn't know different. The next couple of extra thousand in my pocket is going into solar panels to heat the pool so I'll use it more. On the robots, when they advance to be able to climb onto my tanning ledge and clean it, and the solar panels are in, then I'll consider replacing. I probably won't have much choice by that time anyway.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.