League City Tx
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
3259987C-90BB-4EA7-9D51-E4C3FAA1B56E.jpgIs there any difference besides price in these two kits? I really want to get a FAS DPD kit soon and don’t want to wait for shipping.
I read that the TF 100 tests up to 50ppm FC, and it uses Taylor reagents, but when I read the Taylor brochure , it says it can test only to 20ppm.

Both test the same. The FAS-DPD can test to 50 ppm. Not sure why Taylor says that. It is not correct.

The TF100 is designed for the residential pool owner. So you have more of what you will use and less of what you will rarely use (like CH tests).

Get the Speedstir too - makes testing much easier.

Pool School - Test Kits Compared

If you get the standard K-2006 you will need refills for the chlorine test and CYA test almost right away, the 3/4 oz bottles go pretty quickly.

The K-2006C has much larger 2oz bottles and goes a lot further. I also really like the Taylor kit box, keeps everything organized and stored upright. If you go that way definitely look for the "C" version.

You can order just the FAS/DPD test kit, FAS/DPD Chlorine CC's test.

- - - Updated - - -

Both test the same. The FAS-DPD can test to 50 ppm. Not sure why Taylor says that. It is not correct.

The TF100 is designed for the residential pool owner. So you have more of what you will use and less of what you will rarely use (like CH tests).

Get the Speedstir too - makes testing much easier.

I just finished researching Taylor's website and the FAS/DPD test states it is only good for 20ppm of FC and 50ppm of bromine. I have tested FC over 30ppm so I'm not sure if the test is considered to be accurate or what. This will need to be looked into so we can get this cleared up.

Not sure why this combined my comments into one response when I responded at different times.

You can order just the FAS/DPD test kit, FAS/DPD Chlorine CC's test.

- - - Updated - - -

I just finished researching Taylor's website and the FAS/DPD test states it is only good for 20ppm of FC and 50ppm of bromine. I have tested FC over 30ppm so I'm not sure if the test is considered to be accurate or what. This will need to be looked into so we can get this cleared up..

ping, can you send me the link to Taylor’s website in which it states that? I looked and could not seem to find it. I’ll email Taylor and see why they state that. Thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.