TF100 Newbie and Test Results

HI! I have an above ground pool as noted in my siggy. When the fella installing my pool worked on the sand bottom he spent SO much time on it getting it level and smooth. He even did a slight slope to the main drain. It was as close to purrfect as a pool bottom can be. Within a month there were little dips and such across the bottom. They can really be seen at night and the light is on :rolleyes:

Where is this soft spot? COULD it be where someone jumped in (with kids they watch for when you are not looking and go for it)?

I would get a dive mask and make sure there is no pin prick hole in that area (doubtful). I would also kind of smooth it out from the outside of the area to the middle.

Is this a place someone could/would stand and lean against the side? Maybe someone was standing there and was just kind of rotating their foot on their heel causing the indent?

Trying to thing of all of the possible hows.

Keep an eye on your water level and make sure you are not losing any extra water for this time of year.

Kim:cat:

HI! I have an above ground pool as noted in my siggy. When the fella installing my pool worked on the sand bottom he spent SO much time on it getting it level and smooth. He even did a slight slope to the main drain. It was as close to purrfect as a pool bottom can be. Within a month there were little dips and such across the bottom. They can really be seen at night and the light is on :rolleyes:

Where is this soft spot? COULD it be where someone jumped in (with kids they watch for when you are not looking and go for it)?

I would get a dive mask and make sure there is no pin prick hole in that area (doubtful). I would also kind of smooth it out from the outside of the area to the middle.

Is this a place someone could/would stand and lean against the side? Maybe someone was standing there and was just kind of rotating their foot on their heel causing the indent?

Trying to thing of all of the possible hows.

Keep an eye on your water level and make sure you are not losing any extra water for this time of year.

Hey Kim!!

I thought the spot could of been from someone jumping off the ladder (if someone did they aren't owning up to it though). I want to say someone jumped off the ladder because that would make the most since. If it wasn't that, then I have no clue what could of caused it???? It's about 3 feet in front and a foot to the left of the left side of the ladder. I've looked at it with a mask on and there isn't any kind of leak that I can tell. Water level hasn't gone down any other then when I had to drain some water from all the rain we had about 5 days ago. I'll try to smooth it out some more and keep an eye on it.

So "Not ME" lives at your house also??? LOL

Glad to hear it is not leaking. It is all good. Just point it out and say "THIS is why no jumping" and see how that does.

Yep have a couple of those living in my house. Usually my 13 year old daughter will come right out and say if she did or didn't do something. She has no filter and everything is either cut or dry, there is no in between. Which can be a good thing but sometimes she just needs to learn to keep her mouth closed...LOL

Hot, hot, hot! With those temps, glad you are boosting FC!!!

Did you try Kim's idea of shifting the sand?

Not a fan of 93 degree water, might need to make me a fountain to get the water temp down a bit. Next week is gonna be a scorcher, would like some cool water to swim in...LOL

Yes I did shift the sand a little, will need to work on it some more though.;)

looks like you have the numbers nailed!

Thanks, I'm sure trying. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am very impressed then with your numbers. Great job!!!

Thank you very much!!! :cool:

Thought I'd try a little experiment and see how my numbers turned out. I hadn't added any chlorine in 48 hours because I was at a 7 for my FC last night. I was wondering how my FC was going to turn out after 48 hours without any chlorine being added. We had sun all day and we swam for about 5 hours straight today. I'm happy with what it dropped from and where it is now, considering the bather load and sun screen usage. I won't do that again but just wanted to see what would happen.

Tonight's test numbers:

FC = 4
CC = 0
pH = 7.5

I'm adding enough chlorine to bring me back up to 8 maybe 9 ppm as tomorrow is going to be really hot and sunny, also the bather load will be the same as today.

I love how you know what you are doing to the point of being able to "experiment" with your FC and still be safe! It is this kind of knowledge that will really make your pool a Trouble Free Pool! Nice job!

So glad you survived the experiment!!! Remember not to get over-confident. That leads to trouble eventually. Ask me how I know...!

5 hours of swimming. LOVES!!!

Haha...won't be something I do again, don't want to take a chance of trouble happening.

I love how you know what you are doing to the point of being able to "experiment" with your FC and still be safe! It is this kind of knowledge that will really make your pool a Trouble Free Pool! Nice job!

I was a little worried I'd drop below the FC min. for my the amount of CYA I have in my pool.

Looks like I'm gonna have to add some water to the pool today.

Once you add the water let is mix up good...........a good brushing and LOTS of swimming and cannon balls! Then run a full set of tests to see what happened and balance as needed.

Added the water and it got mixed up really good!!! :splash:

Full test results from tonight:

FC - 6
CC - 0
pH - 7.6
CH - 100
TA - 110

We swam about 4 hours today, 94 degrees out with a heat index of 104. Pool water temp was 90.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.