Tf100 for saltwater?

Sep 5, 2016
New tripoli, PA
Hi guys, I’m going to buy the ft100 for my new saltwater pool. There are a bunch of optional add ons. Do I need the saltwater add on? Are any of the others recommended?

3b927c99058fb0765f7758db78ecd437.jpg

Somehow, you need to get over $100 for free shipping. Most people would recommend the TF-100 along with one of the salt test kit options. The lower priced option has smaller reagent bottles. You may want to opt for the XL option and I would highly recommend the Magnetic Speedstir.

The TF-100 salt test ($19) is the same test as the Taylor K-1766 without the extra box, etc.
Either is a good add-on that you will want.
I also agree that the SpeedStir makes the testing easier and perhaps more accurate.

Jason,

I was going off memory but just went to the site to confirm.

[FONT=&quot]4. ...The Taylor K-1766 reagents R-0718 and R-0630 come in 0.75 oz sizes and the TF-100 Salt Test R-0718 and R-0630 comes in 0.5 ounce sizes. They are all Taylor reagents[/FONT]

You will not do the salt tests very often in California. You will not get overflow due to rain, you do not backwash, etc. So the smaller test is fine.

Agree that 1/2 oz in more than enough. The R-0718 you only use 1 drop per test and the R-0630 you will use about 15 drops per test ... so that would be about 20 tests before you run out of the 2nd reagent.

Can you update your signature with actual details?

With my Saltwater pool, all I have (other than salt and CYA which is only at start and occasionally after that) is muriatic acid.

Once you get things figured out, cruise control. Still need to test often (daily to start) and watch your FC and pH.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok I tried updating my signature . Hopefully that worked

700 sqft +100 sqft sun shelf + 50 sqft spa. //// Jandy ePump 2.7 HP //// Jandy aquapure 1400 SWG /// Wet Edge pearl matrix jet black //// waterfall with single speed pump //// JXI 400 propane heat /// aqualink RS automation

Yes I’m using the Tapatalk app, oh well

700 sqft +100 sqft sun shelf + 50 sqft spa. //// Jandy ePump 2.7 HP //// Jandy aquapure 1400 SWG /// Wet Edge pearl matrix jet black //// waterfall with single speed pump //// JXI 400 propane heat /// aqualink RS automation

6fc4bfa0e57f3533c31066d6e021c011.heic
83830702049750f36d43df959f51f2a5.heic
6d8c230f71e3b73cab7af7f347209fec.heic

So my pool builder just turned over the pool to me for care. They gave me these and gave a weekly schedule for adding these. Also want me to add 6-7 chlorine pucks per week. Are any of these useful if I’m using the tf100 kit and TFP methods? If not, what basic ingredients do I need to buy in order to make adjustments based on test results?

Do you have a DE or sand filter? That bag might be useful.

The Metal Magic is not needed unless you actually have metal in your water.

The Poly 60 is just a algeacide that we only recommend during winter closings or perhaps some insurance if you will be away on vacation.

Keep the FC in range of your CYA and you will be fine ... [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]

I have DE filter. He said to put that stuff in the skimmer after every backwash.

I’m not sure if I have metal in my water. I do have hard well water.

Everyone keeps saying to just keep this and that under control and I’m fine. But how do I keep These readings under control? What ingredients do I need for adjusting levels?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.