TF Test Kit - Smart Stirs going bad

@Sarah and Nate I owned the kit for over a year and the TFTestKits site says nothing about a warranty, so I just figured it wasn't covered since most things like that rarely have any warranty at all - hence buying another one.

I still have my broken SmartStir if you want it.

For clarification, Taylor Industries and TFTestkits both sold the SPEEDstir up until about 1.5 years ago.

Then, TFTestkits switched to the SMARTstir and that is what they currently sell. (It has "ciblanc" embossed on it).

TFTestkits felt like the SMARTstir was somewhat better quality at roughly the same price.

"Sarah and Nate" still believe the SMARTstir is a better value although both work.

TFTestkits warrants EVERYTHING it sells for a year from purchase.

Reactions: Mdragger88
TFTestkits felt like the SMARTstir was somewhat better quality at roughly the same price.
I, of course, was no fan of the change. Because change. :ROFLMAO:

But I've come to love the smaller smart stir design which frees up space in the kit. I don't even take it out and test right from inside the kit.

The TFpro and/or salt is really a well thought out design and I appreciate it with every use.
Maybe others like the K2006C better and that's OK too. But I can look them dead in the eyes and say the TFpro/salt is a great kit. (And a better value with an included smart stir and $10 off the salt add on when done seperately).

Having a company stand behind their product and be easy to reach makes it even more of a slam dunk.

It happened before the new batteries. Maybe that was the problem, weak batteries making it go wonky 🤷‍♀️
But I will buy an x when I buy new beakers if it will help prevent that. I will also probably buy the taylor ones because they’re embossed. The ink on my other ones comes off/smudges after the first use 😩
Didn't see an "X" for stirrer, but since it's inside I wonder if displacement is identical ...

As a side note about rechargeable batteries, their impedance is lower (they can put out more current), and motors draw more current as the voltage is lower --- so using 1.2V rechargeable batteries X4 is 4.8V, and fresh 1.5V batteries may put out 1.65V X4 or 6.6V. Could definitely be an issue if design doesn't take rechargeable batteries into account.

If the new ones are hit and miss using rechargeable batteries it might just be better to stick with alkalines.
Just my $.02

Replaced the batteries on mine this year when I opened the pool. It does work, but I have to hold the button down - seems like I used to just press it and it would spin until I hit the button again. Am I mis-remembering that, or is there something wrong? I wasn't going to bother, but I'll email TFTestkits directly since you've been responding in this thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.