TF recs versus Pool manufacturer- FC/CYA chart

May 4, 2018
Hurricane/WV
For my pool and equipment Hayward recommends CYA “30-50” AND FC “1-3”. Concerned about damaging equipment if following TFp CYA/FC chart as levels recommended there far exceed those Hayward recommendations. What about warranty issues if levels are outside recommendations?

Great site.

TFP has thousands and thousands of pool owners whose pools are never damaged from following the FC/CYA chart.

Up until fairly recently the industry ignored the effects of CYA and the need for higher FC as the CYA went higher. This is starting to change as industry leaders are now starting to suggest just what we've known for years. It takes time to change the mindset of "Well we've always done it this way".

IF, and that's such a far fetched if that I can't imagine it, but if something was being debated about warranties and CYA, my pool would certainly meet their expectations for FC on inspection. Then I'd go right back to what I was doing before, knowing it is the most prudent method.

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.