TF-100 readings and my SLAM process

ha! well it looks like you have it covered then!
:)

Ok I will do a CC test int the morning. I will be testing again in about 30mins, but my daughter is being clingy so I would rather do CC in the morning.

Dave, I took the ladder out and scrubbed it with a toothbrush and hard bristle cleaning brush using bleach water. I scrubbed both sides and then put the ladder back in the opposite from how it was last year since the paint was peeling in a couple of spots on the metal part that was on the inside.

Yup. Ladders, lights, weirs... Usually the culprits!

We don't have any lights, I got a lot around the drain cap and in the nooks of the ladder

- - - Updated - - -

4/20/2015 @ 8:30pm
FC: 20.5 :D

Since I am going to bed, I upped shock level to 24 and dumped 24 ozs of 8.25% @ 8:35pm

Next test will be FC and CC around 6:30 am

- - - Updated - - -

CC test is quick; it won't take long once you do the FC. Maybe the clingy can daughter wait?

Sorry, already done for the night.

4/21/2014 @ 6:00 am
FC: 19.5
CC:1
Dumped 4 ozs of 8.25% @ 6:05am

So not too bad. As promised, here is a pic this morning. There is a slight improvement from my pic I posted Saturday morning. This pic was taken @ 5:55 am today.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
You were wondering about raising your FC goal to 28 (shock level for a CYA of 70) and not actually adding more CYA, right?

Yes, that is correct

- - - Updated - - -

Don't increase it. That will require more FC. It's at an ok balance for sunlight protection and required FC dose.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

4/21/2015 @ 8:00 am
FC: 21.5
CC: 1

Dumped 18 ozs of 8.25% @ 8:10

I have the auto cleaner running. I will run it for a few hours this morning. It picked up a lot of debris yesterday during the hour or so I had it going yesterday.

I'm sorry I read your question in haste thinking you wanted to increase Cya. My apologies.

I wish I could tell you to go beyond the TFP suggestions, but it would come with risk. Primarily fading your liner. While I think the risk is low at that level, It is a possible threat.

I'm sorry I read your question in haste thinking you wanted to increase Cya. My apologies.

I wish I could tell you to go beyond the TFP suggestions, but it would come with risk. Primarily fading your liner. While I think the risk is low at that level, It is a possible threat.

No problem. I probably should have worded it better. I will just keep bumping to 24 so I can stay above 20 FC shock level.

No problem. I probably should have worded it better. I will just keep bumping to 24 so I can stay above 20 FC shock level.

This is what I would strive for at minimum. It's always good to make sure you don't dip below SLAM values. If you just barely get there with a dose, you know you'll be under it in no time. I must say, you are tenacious on this and being as aggressive as you are it will be over pretty soon. Gold star for your efforts. :deal: :lol:

This is what I would strive for at minimum. It's always good to make sure you don't dip below SLAM values. If you just barely get there with a dose, you know you'll be under it in no time. I must say, you are tenacious on this and being as aggressive as you are it will be over pretty soon. Gold star for your efforts. :deal: :lol:

Thank you. My husband thinks I love the pool more than him at this point. I am fortunate enough to be a stay at home Mom and I homeschool, but we have a very payed back approach.
Since I am home during the day, I can test every 2 hours in between doing other stuff.

It's always good to make sure you don't dip below SLAM values...

Getting the wrench out again here (Hahahahahaha!)

You COULD retest after 30 minutes just to make sure you hit your target FC. This is KIND-OF a recommendation, but only do this when you have any special concerns so as not to waste reagents.

This is the same "retest" you do when performing an OCLT. You may find that a retest before you head to bed will give you some additional peace of mind.

Getting the wrench out again here (Hahahahahaha!)

You COULD retest after 30 minutes just to make sure you hit your target FC. This is KIND-OF a recommendation, but only do this when you have any special concerns so as not to waste reagents.

This is the same "retest" you do when performing an OCLT. You may find that a retest before you head to bed will give you some additional peace of mind.

So far today I have stayed above my shock level of 20 by bumping chlorine to a 24 level. It is easiest for me to test every 2 hours. I have a mini farm and homeschool too. If I see a drop below 20 then I will test 30 mins later just for you :D

- - - Updated - - -

This is what the auto cleaner got from the bottom in about 2 hours. I do not think the sand is from the filter. I think it is sand from feet last year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.