Illinois
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I have 4 huge Iron Curtain filters that are plumbed in before my auto-fill and before my spigots (huge iron content in my well). I also have a TF-100 Pro test kit. Can I buy reagents from the TF website that allow me to test the actual level of iron in my auto-fill? I'd actually like to test the water pre/post the Iron Curtain filters to get hard numbers of how well they are performing. Thoughts?

TFTestkits does not sell metal tests. They tend to be expensive. We suggest pool owners get their water tested at a pool store for metals. Their testing, while not real accurate, provides sufficient information to guide the pool owner on metals.

Pool store won't be an option for me as I want to perform a bunch of these are various times and flows to see how effective the Iron Curtain systems depending on the amount of gallons pushed through them before regeneration windows, etc.

I'm looking at maybe something like Iron Low Range - Water Testing Kits , or Iron Colorimeter – Checker® HC HI721, or this perhaps Iron CHEMets Kit <--- this seems to be a better choice of the two I've found so far.

1624425071416.png

I suppose I can also call Taylor directly and get their recommendation too. but the above one from CHEMetrics might just do the trick.?

Decided to give this one a try, along with the 25 pack of reagents.

Just a quick report in case anyone is looking for iron testing. The digital tester above (MW14 from Milwaukee) seems to work great. It uses a reagent packet you mix with the water to get your reading. I'm .56ppm straight out of my well, and 0.00ppm after my iron filters (I have a pretty elaborate setup for iron filtering). The test is pretty easy to use as well. Highly recommend this for anyone needing to test their actual iron levels.

Just a quick report in case anyone is looking for iron testing. The digital tester above (MW14 from Milwaukee) seems to work great. It uses a reagent packet you mix with the water to get your reading. I'm .56ppm straight out of my well, and 0.00ppm after my iron filters (I have a pretty elaborate setup for iron filtering). The test is pretty easy to use as well. Highly recommend this for anyone needing to test their actual iron levels.
I also just purchased the Milwaukee Instruments MW14. Seems to work well, or at least I’m happy with the results. Pool tests 0.00 iron. Haven’t tested our tap water yet (no iron filter of any kind) but I don’t expect anything different.

Reactions: jesse-99
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.