TF-100 First test

IronMan13

Oct 2, 2020
Iowa
Got my TF-100 water test kit in and here is my test results with it!

FC = 1.5
CC = .5
TC = 2
TA = 140
PH = 7.5
CYA = 60
CH = Didn't test

I had my SWG output set to 12% so I upped it to 30% to get some more chlorine pumping out. Knowing that my PH is good should I mess with trying to bring the TA down or should I just let it be? How about the CYA? I know its on the low side but should I do anything right now or just continue to monitor?

Thanks!

Did you bring your FC up to the desired level using liquid chlorine first, before turning on the SWG?
That SWG is meant to maintain your level....it works too slowly to bring you up from zero FC to x FC before algae has a chance to move in.

Maddie :flower:

You have time to slowly raise the CYA. Don't go overshooting it though because its a pain to lower.

You can lower your pH to 7.2 with Muriatic Acid. Each time you lower that the TA will come down a bit also.

Check your heater manual to see if and how much calcium it may want?

Maddie 🐞

Did you bring your FC up to the desired level using liquid chlorine first, before turning on the SWG?
That SWG is meant to maintain your level....it works too slowly to bring you up from zero FC to x FC before algae has a chance to move in.

You have time to slowly raise the CYA. Don't go overshooting it though because its a pain to lower.

You can lower your pH to 7.2 with Muriatic Acid. Each time you lower that the TA will come down a bit also.

Check your heater manual to see if and how much calcium it may want?

Maddie 🐞

Thanks for the reply! I did dump some of this in it https://smile.amazon.com/BioGuard-S...keywords=super+chlorine&qid=1621627210&sr=8-5 based on the pool companies recommendation after having them test the water. this was towards the end of April and the FC went through the roof, so i've been waiting for it to come back down, but probably went a little too low :/ my SWG has a "super chlorinate" option too if i need to use that instead of just waiting for it to bring it up on its own.

What would you suggest i use to raise the CYA over time?

I'll check on the heater manual, based on the pool company i did add some calcium too it, BP 300 i think it was, and i did recently use just a standard "test strip" and it showed the CH as "normal" so i'm pretty sure i'm fine on that for the time being. Does my PH need lowered? I was thinking 7.5 was good?

Thanks!

I would not use that again till maybe next spring, or sometime you need a BIG dose of CYA as that product is hard to quantify as to how much FC it gives you and how much CYA comes with it.

Using single chemical products is recommended for new pool owners as they learn how the chemistry reacts. I would suggest using liquid chlorine (or plain, unscented, non-thickened, NON-CLorox brand) bleach or the Liquid Chlorine you can buy at Walmart, feed stores, Lowes, etc.

THis way you're not getting anything except FC.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.