Textured vinyl liner on stairs and tanning ledge?

Aug 18, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
The majority of our pool build was done in Sept/Oct 2020 and then put on hold due to winter. We are picking out our liner next week (woot) and something came up that I didn't even think was a question.

I was planning to request the textured vinyl for the stairs and tanning ledge (both will be covered in vinyl). My assumption was that this was smarter for non-slip reasons. However, the pb said only about 10% of people get the textured stairs. They didn't dissuade us from it but noted that they can wear faster.

The liner is 20mil so I'm guessing they mean that the texture is even thinner than that? Has anyone heard of issues with wear on a textured liner? Alternatively, does anyone had NON-textured vinyl steps and have no concerns with traction or slipperiness?

(I did do a search of the site with only 2 limited response hits)

I use 27ml minimum amd often 30. On liner over amd ledges thinner fits better and stretches easier. The texture is good for ppl that dont clean their pools well. Vinyl gets slippery in bad maintenance liner pools. If your good with keeping up regular liner is fine for stairs and benches/ledges. I've never seen it wear out faster but it's a newer fad only last couple years has it been popular. Old school pools had white steps

Reactions: BrittBackyardOasis
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.