Text from Neighbor -- They're digging your pool!

A couple of equipment pad photos. I know, not the greatest picts, but it's what I got . . .

Equipment20001_zpsdag1ddaf-1.jpg

Equipment20002_zpsoxqfqjo1-1.jpg

I was hoping to get a few more shots of the layout and Prologic control box, but I'll have to wait for that.

Looks great with the water! How deep is that Baja Step? Looks like maybe 18 inches or so.

My new build should have a 2nd step Baja and integrated steps, like you have. The steps in my pool will be off to one side though.

Looks great with the water! How deep is that Baja Step? Looks like maybe 18 inches or so.

My new build should have a 2nd step Baja and integrated steps, like you have. The steps in my pool will be off to one side though.

One side is 10" deep and the other is 18". Gives me a choice, depending on the weather, butt in the water or butt out, when seated in a plastic Adirondack chair. Are you putting in a bench as well?

Got into town late last Thursday night, but not too late to take the first dip in the new pool. Had 16 people over Friday afternoon for a party and everyone loved the pool! Since then I've had the automation installed to link the pool to the Internet and yesterday they installed the salt cell and made the gas connection. 6am this morning they were out to dump the salt and drop off the Pod 2 remote and get the control apps loaded on my iPad and iPhone. I've got a ton of photos, but photobucket and iPad don't play well together so I'll have to wait until I get home to put the photos up on TFP. The 2 X 2 iridescent tiles are amazing on the stairs, decks and bench. The shell is stunning in person but hard to capture on photos. There are a few punch list items to address but they're waiting until I'm gone to do them so the don't interrupt my swim time. Water is clear and aqua blue pebble is the perfect color. Just sitting out here tonight enjoying the light show and star-filled sky. Thanks to everyone here who helped make this dream come true!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Gorgeous! Absolutely gorgeous! What a thrill it must be to finally swim and sit beside your pool!! I cannot imagine building a pool from another place. It looks like the crews did an amazing job. The stone, tile, and deck work looks amazing! I love all your material selections (of course, very similar to mine.... hehe).

I love my travertine deck. I noticed when it was 100+ degrees out that I could still walk on the deck with wet feet - warm, but I didn't have to walk quickly. And I've noticed that as soon as it's in the shade, the travertine is quite cool. And all the greenery is lovely outside your fences.

The close-up shots of the two chairs and water bowls next to the spa looks like it was designed for the King and Queen! Enjoy your reign over your new kingdom!!!

Thank you all for your kind words. It means a lot since you all know what a struggle it can be to take on a project such as this. I consider myself fortunate that I didn't have to weather some of the storms others did.

As an update from today, I spent two hours at the stone yard combing through the remnants of a few old stone piles for rip-rap for my water features. I don't want them to turn into bird baths so I filled them with all different types of stone left over from years past. 500 pounds worth. Luckily it was only 111 today. :)

Ordered my test kit yesterday with the Speed-stir. I don't think there's room in my signature to include it in the list, but I'm looking forward to playing with it in April when I'm back at the house. I'll have to squeeze it in somewhere between installing 40 cabinet pulls, assembling a dining room table, four swivel chairs and a bench. Oh, and any yard work that needs to be done . . . That week is going to go by fast. :)

What a pretty setup!! The arid landscape is startling to my mid-Atlantic coast sensibilities, but it all seems to work.

I know what you mean! I lived in Arizona for five years before returning to the Midwest. The first time I returned we were flying in I couldn't believe how green it all was. I agree the back yard is pretty stark looking, but we won't landscape it until we live there. Right now low maintenance is priority one! When everything blooms in the spring, it looks much different than during the heat of summer. Either way it's an acquired taste I suppose . . . :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.