Texas Freeze - Spa Pump Running Dry

FrozenDallas

Feb 15, 2021
Dallas
Noticed my pump was running louder than normal today. It was in spa mode (auto freeze warning has it flipping back and forth) and went outside and didn't see much circulation in spa or water in the pump. I flipped it back to pool mode and it seems to work fine. I put it in Service Mode to keep pump running in pool for time being but any thoughts on what could be wrong?

F,

When in the freeze mode, flipping back and forth between the pool and spa modes tends to drain the spa on some pools.. It could also be that one of the automated valves may have gone bad.

I would "assume" that in the pool mode the spa would fill up and overflow into the pool.. Once that happens you can put it back in the auto mode and let the automation do its thing..

Just to make sure I would keep an eye on the spa level and make sure it stays high enough.

Worst case, I would leave it in the pool mode and just let the spa overflow into the pool..

We only have another day or so before things will be back to somewhat normal.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Yes, currently overflowing into the pool. It's dark now so think I'm just going to keep an eye on it and mess with it tomorrow. I put a floating mesh toy thing in the spa and have been going out at 4AM nightly to inspect/break up ice so will plan on doing that again. Shouldn't be as cold tonight as it has been.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.