Apr 30, 2021
Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi all,
Should I be concerned. We had our dig and a day later I noticed our pool steps were only 2. This is my first build, so not sure if they build the third but it has the tanning ledge and one additional step.
Sorry is noob question, but curious so I can address it if not too late. Should look like below.
Edit: now I have posting a pic figured out.
F6F3B6A0-A679-4287-9B4A-6D0C51D2DD59.jpeg9B0641BB-68B8-4080-B361-81F7DC690F30.jpeg

Last edited:
Your attachment does not load for some reason.

And post a pic of what the dig crew did by the steps.

You have rebar done?

Reactions: Marc1310
I think they will form the lower step with rebar.

Confirm it with your builder.

Not sure if these are good pics, but does anyone notice anything unusual? Any suggestions on what I should check? First time build and feeling out of my depths.
Thank you!13B20194-F13E-41FA-8B3A-086AF1A2A710.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Sunbaby
Those rebar sticking up should be capped. They are a major OSHA violation. Someone can trip and spear themselves on the rebar and be significantly injured. You and the Pool Builder have liability.

My PB hasn’t been to the job site, since ever. We changed our plans to do two bubblers. It looks like they did three. No biggie. But told the PB.

PB told me it was a a return and 2 bubblers, he assumed. Am I crazy? F51AE438-E8D7-4DB4-B007-47A1B673CF93.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It’s a floor return if you leave the pipe open, and it’s a bubbler if you put a bubbling nozzle on it.

Floor returns have been used to provide even pool heating from the floor up. Not very applicable in Texas.

It’s a floor return if you leave the pipe open, and it’s a bubbler if you put a bubbling nozzle on it.

Floor returns have been used to provide even pool heating from the floor up. Not very applicable in Texas.
Then I’m really confused. If not a bubbler, I’m now concerned about the spacing of the bubblers. Unless the return is the one in the middle. Then spacing is not bad

It can be whatever your want them to be. Work it out with the PB how each pipe is terminated- return fitting or bubbler nozzle.

Or you can plug the unwanted pipe and have nothing there. Making one a return will reduce flow from the bubblers and reduce the bubbler effect.

Is that common? Do the bubblers lose water pressure to the return?

Edit: whoops, just saw your reply that answers that!

Haha. What was worse the city inspected the rebar as is ordinance. He was there for 3 mins. Wtf.
We had to wait a month for environmental health to check the location of the septic which I would have had to show them the location since it was not permitted when it was installed. When they came, they were scared of our dog and just called the builder and asked where the tank was at and approved it without ever looking.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.