Texas: Anything to do to prepare for cold snap?

gocubs418

May 3, 2016
Dallas/TX
All,

I know the pump has a freeze protection but I am just double checking I don't need to do anything.

It looks as if the top layer of water is beginning to ice over. Pump is still running fine. Water level is decent right now.

Nasty little cold spell we have ripping through the South right now.

Thanks

A large number of threads are in the Everything Else forum (where I moved your thread).

If you are able to keep circulation and ice does not block your suction, all should be good. If you have a power failure, you should have a plan to disable the pool pump, remove the drain plugs from the pump, filter, and heater, and open the filter relief valve and remove the pump basket lid.

A large number of threads are in the Everything Else forum (where I moved your thread).

If you are able to keep circulation and ice does not block your suction, all should be good. If you have a power failure, you should have a plan to disable the pool pump, remove the drain plugs from the pump, filter, and heater, and open the filter relief valve and remove the pump basket lid.
Just have a plan B should you lose power. Lots of discussions in our Everything Else sub-forum. Stay safe!

Whoops. Thanks guys. I should have checked everything else sub forum.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.