Testing with TF100

kpbr2f

Jun 19, 2019
St. Louis, MO
Just purchased the TF100 testing kit and I am testing my pool for the first time. Based on some very bad information from the pool store my stuff is all out of order. Here is the result of my first testing:
FC - 30
PH- 7.5
CYA - 50
TA - 100 ( not sure if this is correct as the solution is supposed to turn back to red unless you have a very high FC count, which I do, so the reading is based on when the solution turned yellowish/orange)
Salt - 3720

Is this safe to get in?
Can anyone provide help on what is needed to balance?

Thanks

OK. Let your FC drift down and then keep it around 4-6 ppm for the Summer. Go swimming as soon as it drifts down below 20

Drops based tests are not so much a particular color but rather a complete color change. Add drops for the TA test until the LAST drop you add makes no further color change. Then subtract that last drop and that is your TA.....regardless of what colors are involved.

Report another full set of tests as soon as your FC is down around 6 or so. This time include CH and CC's so we can see a complete picture.

OK. Let your FC drift down and then keep it around 4-6 ppm for the Summer. Go swimming as soon as it drifts down below 20

Drops based tests are not so much a particular color but rather a complete color change. Add drops for the TA test until the LAST drop you add makes no further color change. Then subtract that last drop and that is your TA.....regardless of what colors are involved.

Report another full set of tests as soon as your FC is down around 6 or so. This time include CH and CC's so we can see a complete picture.

So my FC is finally down to 6 today.
FC - 6
CC - 0
PH - 7.5
TA - 90
CH - 200
CYA - 40
Salt - 3300

Any recommendations?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.