testing kit for a new first time pool owner

Hey Greg and Welcome !!! The Tf-100 from tftestkits.net is suited to our way of doing things but the K-2006C is also a great kit and widely available at many online retailers. Both kits should be good for 2 years but the 2006Cs may have sat on a shelf for a chunk of time by the time you get it.

Either way the smart stir is the best $30 you can spend on you pool as it does all the mixing for you. Just trust me there. I’m sure you can swirl a tube and add a bunch of drops, but pressing a button and getting more reliable results is a no brainer.

If the pool is salt you need to add the K-1766 to test that.

The TF-100 comes in a pro model with the stirring device and a pro salt model that has the stirrer and the salt kit.

Head on over to ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry to start your journey. We will gladly fill in any blanks.

Reactions: gregh77
I’m sure @Texas Splash meant the Taylor k-2006c. It & the tf100 & tf pro’s contain the fas-dpd test that are necessary for accuracy. They all contain genuine Taylor regeants. The TF versions are customized & have more of the regeants home owners need on a regular basis thus providing a better value.
I know it can be confusing- there are lots of #’s 🤪
here’s a little info on why certain kits are preferred over others 👇
Test Kits Compared

Reactions: gregh77
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.