Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I have a new (to me) pool. It did well running all winter and since the salt cell was dead, I treated it with liquid chlorine like I did my last pool. Just replaced the salt cell and now I’m just confused with where to start. Advice is more than welcome!

FC 4
CC .5 (barely pink)
TA 130
PH 8
CH 300
CYA 40 (rounded up but it could be closer to 30)

Salt (first time testing with Taylor kit) 4000

So, I know I need to bring the PH down with muriatic acid. TA is low, CH is low, CYA is low, and salt is high. Where do I start and should I address each issue one at a time? Just don’t know how all of these things will interact and what is most important on the list. Thanks for your help!

First, get your FC up and keep it 6-7 for your level of CYA. Do that now. FC/CYA Levels

Yep, reduce your pH.

Do not raise your TA! Should be 60-80. You can let it come down over time. Recommended Levels

Once you get your FC up and pH, fire up the cell. Check the manual on your cell to see if 4000 is an issue. Likely not.

You can then slowly increase your CYA to help the cell keep FC. Again, see recommended levels.

Reactions: PaigeMark
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.