***Testimonial contest - win a Free Test Kit!*** (HURRY!)

There just aren't enough words to describe my appreciation for TFP and it's members! I stuck myself with a PB that was a bully and so very worthless when it came to service. These folks helped me understand every aspect of my pool as well as the chemistry of the water. It's only been open a couple of months, but I can say I have all the confidence in the world in myself to be able to take care of it due the great advice I receive from TFP!! The knowledge is absolutely invaluable that's why I'm a Lifetime supporter!

Karen in Nashville

Todd from Central VA

If you had come up to me at the end of last season (while I was dumping bottle after bottle of Baquacil into my cloudy, pink pool) and told me that I would convert my pool to chlorine using common household chemicals and have a clear, sparkling pool that did not irritate my (annoyingly sensitive) skin - all by the beginning of this swimming season - I probably would have laughed (or dumped the Baquacil over your head)! :shock:
Thanks to TFP, I've been able to do just that -- and more. I'm testing my own pool water now, and I can actually figure out how much Bleach, Baking Soda or Borax to use to keep my pool balanced. Unbelievable! I only wish I had found this site two years ago, it would have saved me (literally) a couple of thousand dollars.

I heard about this site while looking at the Pool Forum. We bought a pool last year. I used to take care of pools in the late eighties while working for a pool builder and was looking to see if the technology had changed. Little did I know that I could run a pool on bleach and hcl with a little cya!
This sight is the Best! It doesn't matter what size pool you have,the people are help full and friendly. The "stickies" are well written and and easy to follow.
Also with what I learned here I have been able to help a couple of people clear up their pools using the BBB.

Thank you TFP, Marty In Logan IA

Tyler from Sahuarita, Arizona

TFP has enabled me to spend mere minutes a week keeping my pool sparkling clean and beautiful. This of course means I have to spend hours and hours every week swimming and enjoying it, but hey, life is full of compromise! :)

Brent from Gulfport, Mississippi

Trouble free pools has really opened my eyes to the truth and simplicity of water chemistry.
The knowledge base is absolutely incredible and the willingness to take the time to share boggles my mind.
Instead of blindly dumping in HUGE amounts of chemicals at the instruction of some teenager from the pool store I now keep my water clear and sparkling with common household items that I actually know the ingredients and purpose of. Thank you to everyone involved.

Patti from Northeast Maryland

I love this site! The stickies are a wealth of information and people are so helpful. Everyone here loves pools and all posters are welcome, no matter the type or size of their pool. I am no longer pool stored and my pool has never looked better and all at a fraction of the previous cost. Thanks TFP! :-D

Ryan from Marana, AZ

A TFP testimonial poem:

I don't know where I would be,
if it weren't for TFP.

The help it gives is second to none,
and it makes pools lots of fun.

With JasonLion and Waterbear,
you don't need to tear out your hair.

"TF-100 is what you need",
is the advice that you should heed.

So ignore bad advice from the pool store,
And enjoy your pool for what it's for.

Steve from Virginia Beach, VA

As a new pool owner, I followed all the advice from the local pool stores for several years, spending lots of money on chemicals. Yet I continued to have problems with algae, clarity and my equipment, and often received conflicting advice.

Fortunately I discovered TFP, and for the first time in three years I feel I have control over my pool and how much I spend. Thank you to the expert advisors and active user community!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
THANK YOU!

Hi All!

My pool is 7yrs old and this is the seventh year we have had it open to a mess. This is the first year that water restrictions won't let us drain it and start over (I know bad for vinyl - have replaced it already - talk to the husband).

Our pool was swamp green in color and texture. About 10 days ago I told my husband we were going to try the BBB method. He laughed and said whatever... Well who is laughing now? Our pool is a beautiful blue (not near clear -but I wish I could show you from where we started...) and is clearing every day. I brush and vaccuum everyday and have added the bleach and borax when needed. I am expecting to see the bottom by the end of the week and have it perfectly clear by the end of next.

Not to mention I have spent less than $60 dollars on chemicals. Before last week, he spent over $150 and got nowhere. The test kit is on my birthday list (it is in June), but I cannot give enough thanks for helping me out.

The only downfall to all this is... now I am in charge of the pool :)

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! This is my first win for anything EVER over the internet!!! I'm so excited! I even started a can on my kitchen counter for all my loose change to save up for one of these test kits! Money's been so tight..so I thought between me and dh's loose change, I could afford one in no time! Thanks again to TFP!!!!

Is there a way to change my screenname??? Because within 1 month of finding TroubleFreePool.com I was no longer frustrated, I was HOME :-D . I found TFP while googling in desperation, afer literally leaving the pool store in TEARS :cry: . My ONLY regret is that I didn't find TFP 5 years ago, I estimate I would have saved well over $1,000 in pool stealer chemicals and "kits" :oops: .

P.S. I recommend TFP.com to everyone I discuss pools with, and find myself constantly saying "chlorine IS bleach" to the skeptics (and hopefully soon to be converts). :wink:

Thanks TFP Experts!!!

frustratedpoolmom said:
Is there a way to change my screenname??? Because within 1 month of finding TroubleFreePool.com I was no longer frustrated, I was HOME :-D . I found TFP while googling in desperation, afer literally leaving the pool store in TEARS :cry: . My ONLY regret is that I didn't find TFP 5 years ago, I estimate I would have saved well over $1,000 in pool stealer chemicals and "kits" :oops: .

P.S. I recommend TFP.com to everyone I discuss pools with, and find myself constantly saying "chlorine IS bleach" to the skeptics (and hopefully soon to be converts). :wink:

Thanks TFP Experts!!!

Believe it or not, we just started this site last Spring, so you only missed on on one swim season. ;) Send me a pm with the username you would like to use and I can change it for you.

SeanB said:
frustratedpoolmom said:

Thanks TFP Experts!!!

Believe it or not, we just started this site last Spring, so you only missed on on one swim season. ;) Send me a pm with the username you would like to use and I can change it for you.

Well How did I miss the results before I posted my testimonial??? That's too funny. Is there a booby prize for being clueless?

Oooh, there's a name "CluelessPoolMom"... heehehee.

I'll just leave it. There are other things (and people) that keep me plenty frustrated.... :oops:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.