tested water-now what?

nicolaallen

May 24, 2021
Lewisville, Texas
I just tested our water with the TF Pro test kit we ordered. I've looked at all the pool school articles/videos. I'm not sure what I need to do based on the results. Pretty sure we have algae. But not sure what to add based on our results. Our pool is 16,875 gallons SWG plaster with an inground cleaner (in other words-no polaris-it has pop up things all over the ground of the pool)

Here's the test results I have:

pH 8.2
Cl 2
Br 4
FC 1.5
CC .5
TC 2
TA 340
CYA 40
Calcium Hardness 525

We got a bottle of salt water test strips with the kit. That shows 3000, but the drop test it said to do shows 5600. Not sure which to go by. About 2 weeks ago we took a water sample to the pool store and their result was 3100 so I'm guessing our 3000 from the strip is probably the accurate one, but why is the drop test so high? Thanks for any help!

Your FC is quite low. What does the water look like?

The K1766 salt test is by far more accurate than test strips. Be sure to use the SmartStir.

Your FC is quite low. What does the water look like?

The K1766 salt test is by far more accurate than test strips. Be sure to use the SmartStir.
water is ok, I think. Maybe slightly cloudy, its hard to tell with the wind over the water. I can see yellowish/green collecting on the pool walls. It brushes off, but is back the next day. I have the smart stir, but it doesn't seem to be working. Should I be able to feel the vibration? the light comes on, but doesn't seem to do anything. The instructions said to press the right button which is the power button and then the left button which has the bulb picture. I did that. The little indicator light comes on when I press the right button and then when I press the left button it goes out and there is no vibration. I just swirled by hand. Is the drop test the same as the K1766? If so, 5600 sounds high?

Did you put the magnetic cross bar in the vial? First measure in the amount of water sample, then put in the stir bar, then put the vial on the SmartStir.
The drop test is the K1766.. 5600 ppm salt is high. I suspect you have some test error. Follow the instructions.

You need to follow the SLAM Process. Read through the article and post up your questions.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.