Test results

Poolhelp2020

Jun 16, 2023
Indiana
These are my test results today. Leslie’s said they weren’t concerned with Cyanuric Acid levels, even though it’s through the roof. Told me to keep an eye on Phosphates, which I think is the least of my problems!

Should I continue to drain and add fresh water, to lower Cyanuric acid and Copper? I’m only using liquid chlorine. I’m not using tabs or Leslie’s shock anymore.

This is my 3rd season with the pool, and I’m trying to figure it out.

Thank you!

Reactions: MillerCourtResort
Hey PH and Welcome !!!!

You forgot to add your #s, which tells us pretty much the same as if you did. 😁 Store testing is designed to sell you chemicals. Their CYA test is particularly bad, and it's the cornerstone of the whole temple.

Get yourself a reliable Test Kits Compared. Then we can see how much you need to drain, if any. Do not lose half your pool over a store test.

Reactions: proavia
These are my test results today. Leslie’s said they weren’t concerned with Cyanuric Acid levels, even though it’s through the roof. Told me to keep an eye on Phosphates, which I think is the least of my problems!

Should I continue to drain and add fresh water, to lower Cyanuric acid and Copper? I’m only using liquid chlorine. I’m not using tabs or Leslie’s shock anymore.

This is my 3rd season with the pool, and I’m trying to figure it out.

Thank you!

IMG_6416.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Store testing is designed to sell you chemicals. Their CYA test is particularly bad, and it's the cornerstone of the whole temple.

Get yourself a reliable Test Kits Compared. Then we can see how much you need to drain, if any. Do not lose half your pool over a store test.

Reactions: proavia
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.