Test Results

Apr 9, 2018
St Augustine Fl
Hi! Wanted to get your thoughts on my test results. I believe I am sharing so hopefully you can see my logs. Salt is below 3200 target, and CSI is a little off. How critical is it to maintain CYA during the colder FL months?
Love this forum and appreciate all of you!!

Welcome to TFP! Good to have you here :)

Your numbers look excellent!

Your pH will likely drift up as you stop adding acid. Something around 7.8 is ideal for winter.

With the sun a bit lower in the sky, you're likely to find that lower CYA is adequate, but there's also no harm in keeping it up in the 70-80 range.

CYA of 60 is fine, especially for a pool in a cage.

Your SWG is going to shutdown when your water temperature gets to about 50F. You will need to chlorinate with liquid chlorine. 2600 salt is marginal and the IC40 may shutdown with low salt.

Run your pH about 7.8 so your CSI is a bit higher.

Thanks for the feedback! Question - when I add the salt it should be when the pump is not running correct?

Pump should be ON when salt is added and left on for at least 24 hours.

IC40 SWG should be OFF or 0% when salt is added and for the 24 hours.

Did you measure salt level with the K-1766 Taylor Salt Test ?

Sorry for the delayed response. Yes tested using the Taylor k-1766. So turn off the SWG? I was not aware, but interested. Could you expand on the reason? Thanks!!

SWG sense the salt level and adjust the amps in the cell. The higher the salt level the more amps it will use. Many SWG power supplies are dumb and do not protect themselves from very high salt levels causing high amps that may damage the cell.

When salt is dissolving and mixing you can get a slug of high salinity water that causes the amps to spike. So to protect the expensive cell you should turn it off when adding any significant amount of salt until the salt has 24 hours to dissolve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.