FC 0.2 (put 4 gallons in yesterday)
PH 7.5
TA 230
CH 400
CYA 30
SALT 3200
CSI .38
TEMP 85

I am in the middle of trouble shooting my SWCG as I keep getting error codes. But in the mean time I want to keep my pool swimmable. I am assuming my chlorine is disappearing due to lower CYA. I also need to lower my TA, still a mystery to me how my ph can be good but alkalinity can be so far off

If your FC is falling that far you need to SLAM Process.

Do not worry about TA if pH is steady. Do lower pH to 7.2 prior to raising your FC to SLAM level. Test FC and dose with liquid chlorine every couple hours.

Sounds about right if you are using 6% bleach. May want to source some higher strength liquid chlorine.

You will need a lot more liquid chlorine for the SLAM.

I added 6 gallons of bleach prescribed to get to slam stays after dropping ph to 7.2 and the highest the FC got was 7 after two hours. I added the last two gallons of bleach I had and there was no change after 90 minutes. Could it be my cya is too low and the chlorine is just going away or is there just a lot of stuff in my pool that the chlorine is being used up? I didn’t have time to stop at the pool store but I think I might need to get a stronger chlorine to bring my FC up to 12

Either you have an abundance of organics the chlorine is consuming or the bleach was not as strong as you assumed.

Overnight FC loss-2.5. Went from 7 at 1 am to now 4.5 at 930 am.

I am thinking it’s the organics. Everyday I have sweet the bottom and run the cleaner due to tree debris sitting in the pool. My neighbor behind me has 6 massive trees that keep dropping leaves, twigs, and seeds in the pool. And all the pollen.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.