TEST RESULTS - WHAT TO TACKLE FIRST?

The test results are what need to be tackled first. Those are from a pool store, and we've learned (generally the hard way) not to trust them. I looked at your post history, and you have a test kit. Why aren't you using it?

I usually compare pool store results with mine to make sure. They use laser testing, so I figured their testing is more accurate. Anyone can help in regards to results? And where to start?

Last edited:
LOL, "laser testing" means nothing if said device isn't cared for, calibrated properly, used properly, etc.
It means a device is reading the color changes instead of you.

I'd trust your results over a device any day.

Maddie :flower:

My test results were very similar but I get the point thank you. Now, back to the original post. Is there anyone that can help based on the above test results? Do I tackle CYA FIRST? OH? Etc...

Wanna know why pool stores have fancy electronic testers? It isn't because they are more accurate, it is because people see it and believe it is more accurate because it looks fancy.

Sadly it's an effective strategy...

I'd like to challenge your "laser" testing: Take 3 samples to 3 diff pool stores and compare the results. Don't give them an address which would let them look up your past recent results (and just agree with them).

Maddie :flower:

My FC= 0
TC=0
CC=0
CYA=0
PH: 8
TA: 140

Any help is appreciated. These results were from just opening my pool
First thing is to check for ammonia. You do that by adding 10 FC to the water, mix it up good by bruising, and rechecking after 15 minutes. If FC is less than 5 and/or CC jumps, you have ammonia, and you may consider replacing water. Stop there and post.

If the FC holds more than half and CC isn't terrible. then you adjust pH with acid. Without waiting, you can add the CYA using the sock method. What next depends on water quality. If it's nice and clear, you're done for today. If it;s cloudy or green, SLAM Process

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.