Test results and where to go from here

while testing the pH (7.0) and TA- something weird happened. I was adding the r0009 and at the 8th drop it turned all pink for a second then immediately went clear. I did the test again because I assumed I did something wrong and it happened again, at the 8th drop. Normal? Proceed as TA at 80ppm? I'm moving on to add the liquid chlorine now. Thanks for all the awesome help I've been given
Sounds okay. You're looking for a color change, not an exact shade. You targeted 70, so you're in the ballpark.

Proceed as TA at 80ppm?
Use that TA.
From Pool School -- Continue adding drops until the color changes to something more or less red, pink, yellow, or clear. The sample may switch between green, blue, and gray while you are adding drops. That is not the color change you are waiting for.

Refresher: I'm slamming the pool (on the first 24 hrs, still have algae) and I went to backwash because the pressure had gone up 7psi. I did the traditional 2 min for backwash rinse then 1 min backwash rinse. Well when I went to turn the filter back on a ton of algae came shooting out. Should I have done it longer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.