Test numbers for bleach OR SWG??

Jun 12, 2010
Levelland Texas
Good evening TFP peeps...
Unsure what level to get my FC to be at
IN ORDER to start using SWG??? Just filled up pool this past Sunday. Started CYA right away. Added Bleach Tuesday to match CYA levels at the time. Added more the next day and again today.
Now my test results today (see below) are perfect (I think) for manually chlorinating pool BUT do I bump up my FC to the appropriate levels for SWG so that I can kick on my SWG or can I just kick it on now and set it to the appropriate level (6 FC) for SWG?? Thank you in advance for any and all info I can get!! ?

FC...4
CYA...55 (adding more to get to 70 as I type this)

PS...Haven’t tested Ph or others just yet. OR done an OCLT yet either. Will do tonight.

Actually, FC/CYA chart for SWCG is lower target ranges than non-SWCG, for the CYA levels for a SWCG.

Only need to to an OCLT if you have cloudy water, visible algae, or significant FC loss over normal.

Reactions: laweatherred
You
Actually, FC/CYA chart for SWCG is lower target ranges than non-SWCG, for the CYA levels for a SWCG.

Only need to to an OCLT if you have cloudy water, visible algae, or significant FC loss over normal.
You are so right...? guess I never even noticed the Non-Swcg levels since I focused on the using SWCG levels more.

And perfect. My water is crystal clear so won’t worry about OCLT!!

Thank you!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.