Test Kit Recommendation

uvavi8r

Gold Supporter
Aug 8, 2020
Falls Church, VA
We are getting close to the pool install and I am wondering what test kit (Taylor) will be sufficient? It will be a 11K gallon in ground fiberglass pool that utilizes a SWG? Thanks and will also pick up the speedstir just for fun...

You need them all, the TF-100 has larger sizes so it lasts longer. There is nothing wrong with replacing smaller bottles more often as you need them but in the end it ends up being the same price or more if you get hit with shipping charges on all the refills one at a time.

also, splurge for the speedstir. It is worth its weight in gold doing all the work for you so you can concentrate on counting accurate drops. It’s hard enough to get consistent drops without stirring like a madman with the other hand. The added bonus is it makes you feel even more science-y.

Well I have found this one to be fine, though admittedly i use some much more than others, e.g. the FC and CYA tests tend to get close to running out while others are used less frequently. I will be interested to see what other suggestions come in.

Everybody over tests at first getting used to it. After a while it becomes second nature and your supply lasts a lot longer. The XL option on the TF-100 is great to counter the newbie-ness, or those testing frequently due to SLAMing.

But it costs more, so we all get it, we have bills too.:)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.