Test Kit Questions

I've been using the same tube for years and I haven't noticed any Browning. So that is kind of weird :scratch:

Try a little bit of diluted muriatic acid. Remember always add acid to water.

Weird. I bet if you call Rebecca at tftestkits and sweet talk her you can get a new tube. :mrgreen: .... {sweet talking is not really required ;) }

Would be interesting to see a picture comparing the tubes and whether it did impact the results.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Weird. I bet if you call Rebecca at tftestkits and sweet talk her you can get a new tube. :mrgreen: .... {sweet talking is not really required ;) }

Would be interesting to see a picture comparing the tubes and whether it did impact the results.

Nope, didn't work. One year warranty. No good customer leverage. The shipping cost for the tube was more than the tube. And I just bought my year's chemicals - could have had the tube for no shipping.

I'll skip the test and hope for the best.

Yeah next year, right.

Mechanical parts in a kit should last the life of the kit. Two years is nothing. If others have had the problem, there is a problem.

I don't care much for warranties. A warranty is only as good as the company that stands behind it.

TFTestkits will stand behind a one year warranty on anything we sell. That is pretty much an industry standard. If you purchased it within a year and it is damaged then we will replace it with no questions asked. This is the first time I've heard of stains on a view tube that could not be easily cleaned. The CYA view tube costs $2.70 and shipping USPS first class costs $2.61. We do not pad shipping charges. If anyone else has a CYA view tube that has stains or any equipment that they are not happy with, please contact me at [email protected].

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.