Teribble's Vegas OB Pool / Spa

Wait, I know this one. I saw it in a movie. You put some of it up in your rafters. The rest you put in your pants, and casually walk over to a neighbors yard and shake the dirt out of the legs and kinda stamp it in with your shoes. They'll never notice.

That was a for a tunnel, but should work for a pool, too... ;)
Yeah, That would work if I have 15 to 20 years.

Give Ron Brown excavation a call. Or you might have to rent/hire a 10 wheel to haul for you.
I might try that if I can't find somewhere that'll take it.

A lot of construction sites need dirt so if you talk to he foreman a lot of times they will take it. I know my fill dirt went to the now new Walmart on blue diamond , they said they were in desperate need of dirt.
Also Joanne and mike dug their own pool on here. I would pm them because they do everything lol

The dump will take it. They will charge you for it. Ron Brown might take it for free and sell it for fill. Offer it for free for fill dirt
I called them and their too busy to take it or need any

Craig's List ad? Free fill dirt?
That's next on my list.

Free fill dirt should do it.

I sure hope so.

A lot of construction sites need dirt so if you talk to he foreman a lot of times they will take it. I know my fill dirt went to the now new Walmart on blue diamond , they said they were in desperate need of dirt.
Also Joanne and mike dug their own pool on here. I would pm them because they do everything lol
I sent them a PM and might have to call some GC to see if they're in need of the dirt. I figured I need to have someone lined up for the dirt before the digging begins. I could put it on the other side of my yard but I'm trying to avoid handling the dirt more than once or twice.

Found a great resource for anyone thinking about doing their own excavation. This company will rent you the truck, mini excavator, bobcat, and load / haul the dirt for you at a GREAT price. There's only one issue... you need to have a location for the dirt to be dumped. I guess they normally drive around looking for construction sites asking them if they need dirt. Now the hunt begins for a dump site close to my house.

Next year!?! We're not waiting around that long. We want this thing done end-of-June latest. We've already got our towels, and suits and swimmies. Move it!! ;)

Next year!?! We're not waiting around that long. We want this thing done end-of-June latest. We've already got our towels, and suits and swimmies. Move it!! ;)
I always say I'm not in a hurry to get a job done but that's always a lie because I know once that hole is dig I'm going to be busting my butt to get this pool built ASAP. Just keep your pool gear in the car.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Found a great resource for anyone thinking about doing their own excavation. This company will rent you the truck, mini excavator, bobcat, and load / haul the dirt for you at a GREAT price. There's only one issue... you need to have a location for the dirt to be dumped. I guess they normally drive around looking for construction sites asking them if they need dirt. Now the hunt begins for a dump site close to my house.

If you want to rent an excavator from Cashman with Trimble 3D in it I can get you a design made so you can precise dig
f4e7c213c8d23b1d25e413c91b4d2c7a.jpg

Drop jaw for Chopjaw! That's the coolest (the device and your offer). I didn't know such a thing existed! Is that using GPS, or some other reference? What it's tolerance/accuracy? That would certainly simplify things for a one-man operation.

Little update...

Went to get my permit but they closed before I could finish everything. I did get my plans checked and signed off without any problems. I just need to get the permit and pay the fees. I'm planning on running down there today right when they open to get it finished.

As for the equipment rental, I'll know today or tomorrow if they have a machine with the 3D earth on it.

3D earth! 3D earth! 3D earth! 3D earth! 3D earth! 3D earth! 3D earth! 3D earth!

Hope that works out for you. Would love to see one in action...

Drop jaw for Chopjaw! That's the coolest (the device and your offer). I didn't know such a thing existed! Is that using GPS, or some other reference? What it's tolerance/accuracy? That would certainly simplify things for a one-man operation.

It uses a dual frequency GNSS receiver with GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou. There are claims of 6mm accuracy, but for a smaller excavator in real world conditions a couple inches is more realistic. Plenty accurate for digging a pool though. The precision and accuracy for blades is much better than for excavators/buckets.

It uses a dual frequency GNSS receiver with GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and BeiDou. There are claims of 6mm accuracy, but for a smaller excavator in real world conditions a couple inches is more realistic. Plenty accurate for digging a pool though. The precision and accuracy for blades is much better than for excavators/buckets.

I wondered if GPS alone would be accurate enough. Haven't kept up on what the gov'ment allows in that regard, now-a-days. 2" is kind'a a lot in terms of construction, isn't it? You wouldn't want a foundation to be 2" long, or 2" out of square, right? Maybe for a pool it's less important? Or something gunite can make up for? Doesn't really matter, I suppose, that a pool is 40' long, or 40'2" long. But you wouldn't want it 20' wide at one end and 20'2" wide at the other. As I don't know the first thing about pool excavating, I'm sure this is all accounted for in some way, whether you're using 3D Earth or a tape measure...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.