Temporary (no drilling) above-ground pool fence to satisfy inspector?

jmk396

Apr 26, 2018
PA
The information packet that my inspector sent me states that all areas of the pool must be 48" above grade. Because our land isn't level, we have a section of the pool that is only 41" above grade.

What is the least expensive barrier I might be able to use to satisfy this requirement?

Ideally I'd like something that just snaps onto the top edge of the pool (without any drilling) and can be removed if needed.

Can anybody give me any recommendations?

I would not advise cutting corners with any mandated pool safety requirements regarding fences or grade requirements. The extra cost and effort to comply is going to be negligible compared to the liability lawsuit if there's an accident. I'd suggest conferring with the inspector to get acceptable ideas.

Reactions: proavia
I would not advise cutting corners with any mandated pool safety requirements regarding fences or grade requirements. The extra cost and effort to comply is going to be negligible compared to the liability lawsuit if there's an accident. I'd suggest conferring with the inspector to get acceptable ideas.

I agree 100%. And if the barrier requirements are not met, the insurance company could also deny any claims.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.