Temp too cold for pool cleaner?

Aug 12, 2016
Houston TX
Just unboxed a brand new Warrior SI and put it in the pool. Power supply works, but pool cleaner won’t move. Indicator light won’t come on. Called Marina, who I purchased it from and they said pool cleaners won’t work when water temp is less than 54 degrees (they are confirming the temp). Is this true for all robotic pool cleaners? It wasn’t an issue for my Dohenny Discovery (purchased in 2016). I’m in Houston, leave the pool open all year, but it’s not heated. We have a neighbor with a massive pine tree, and it’s going to be a problem if I can’t use the robot when temps are in the 50’s. Just wondering if I have other robotic cleaner options if this is the case.

From the product manual

Temperature6-35°C / 43-95°F
(below 15°C / 59°F climbing performance may be affected)

Thanks for responding! The only reference I can find to temps in the manual that was shipped states under the troubleshooting section “Cleaner does not climb walls” is that “Ideal water temperature between 54-90F.”

I’m also concerned I might not even be able to confirm if the unit works for a few months if that is true? The indicator light on the cleaner won’t come on at all. Are there alternate robots where this is not an issue?

My M600 is currently cleaning my pool at 50F water temp. I would think yours would at least startup and do its initial startup dance. I would go throw it in the tub in the house and turn it on just to make sure it works.

Reactions: Fruitygalore
Just heard back from Marina, who heard back from Maytronics: Maytronics indicated pool temps in the low 50 degrees can trigger the sensor so they just want us to get that one back and test it to see if it is the software or if there is something else going on. If it is defective, we will send another cleaner. If it does work, we will issue you a refund instead.

Just sharing and will update with outcome for others considering the Pentair Warrior SE. Happy with Marina’s response to the issue and want to share here as I know a lot of people have recommended them; I’m in that camp, too.

Reactions: Lilypad
Just heard back from Marina, who heard back from Maytronics: Maytronics indicated pool temps in the low 50 degrees can trigger the sensor so they just want us to get that one back and test it to see if it is the software or if there is something else going on. If it is defective, we will send another cleaner. If it does work, we will issue you a refund instead.

Just sharing and will update with outcome for others considering the Pentair Warrior SE. Happy with Marina’s response to the issue and want to share here as I know a lot of people have recommended them; I’m in that camp, too.

just an fyi. I got the exact same cleaner in the past week, am also in houston area, and have used mine a couple times this week without issue. im thinking you got a dud but kudos to Marina for stepping up. I also got mine from them.

Update: I did hear back from Marina; they are saying that there is a short somewhere in the wire that runs in the cable that connects the control panel to the cleaner. They are still maintaining that there can be issues with the sensor when the water temp is in the low 50’s based on guidance from the manufacturer, but I opted to have them ship a new replacement unit and hope that’s not going to be a problem, especially since hearing from gipoolguy and others on the thread that they haven’t personally encountered that problem with this cleaner. Looking forward to testing out the replacement when it gets here!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.