Temp sensor issues on new Aqualink RS

poolnovice1

Bronze Supporter
May 11, 2018
Houston, TX
The pool guy upgraded my automation system to an Aqualink RS yesterday. The pool and air temperatures have been way off. The air temp is showing 105 and the pool is showing 92. The outside temp should be 89 and I'm guessing the pool should be in the 70s. I can only calibrate the temp by up to 4 degrees.

Does this sound like a faulty sensor?

Did you have temperature gauges working before? Or are these new gauges? It is possible he flipped them which is an easy fix.

Can you post pics? One should be drilled into a pipe with an worm clamp. The other just connects to a pole somewhere. You can see on the Aqualink door where each should be plugged in. As far as I know they are identical probes so mixing them won't matter as long as they are plugged into their respective ports.

Can you post pics? One should be drilled into a pipe with an worm clamp. The other just connects to a pole somewhere. You can see on the Aqualink door where each should be plugged in. As far as I know they are identical probes so mixing them won't matter as long as they are plugged into their respective ports.
I think it's right. The gray one looks like the water sensor and it's plugged into #5 and 6. The gold one is plugged into #7 and 8.

Attachments

• PXL_20210622_221847680.jpg
    PXL_20210622_221847680.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 48
  • PXL_20210622_221817420.jpg
    PXL_20210622_221817420.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20210622_221301806.jpg
    PXL_20210622_221301806.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 49

Attachments

• PXL_20210622_222548511.jpg
    PXL_20210622_222548511.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 20
Yeah 5 and 6 are water temp and 7 and 8 are air temp. Page 22 here -> https://www.jandy.com/-/media/zodiac/global/downloads/0748-91071/6594.pdf?force=1

I don't like when installers put the air temp probe underneath the panel like that. It tends to get erratic readings. Your pump is running, right? And that is your main or only pump?
I have three pumps. Yes, the one for the pool has been running since this morning. The other two are for water features but they are not running. I'm wondering now if it's the board. It's probably unlikely that both sensors are bad. I guess the pool guy will need to trial and error with another temp gauge.

I have three pumps. Yes, the one for the pool has been running since this morning. The other two are for water features but they are not running. I'm wondering now if it's the board. It's probably unlikely that both sensors are bad. I guess the pool guy will need to trial and error with another temp gauge.

So neither one is giving an accurate temperature?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
My air temp sensor is only right at night. During the day when the sun hits it and the surrounding brick wall around it, it gives a very high reading I guess due to the radiant heat coming off the wall.

Swap the air and water temp at the board and see if they temps swap in your app. That would tell you if its the board being weird or the temp sensor itself. If your air temp switches to 92 and stays I would think that would mean something is up with that sensor.

Nope, neither one of them.

At least the air temp one changes. It's dropped down to 93 (it's 79 outside).

The water temp sensor is stuck on 92.

I assume you will be calling back the installer to check it out. It would be unusual to have both sensors go bad at once. And I am not sure what could be wrong with your board to show a temp reading, but a wrong one. Odd! You can test the sensors with a multimeter but I can't remember offhand what the reading should be.

I assume you will be calling back the installer to check it out. It would be unusual to have both sensors go bad at once. And I am not sure what could be wrong with your board to show a temp reading, but a wrong one. Odd! You can test the sensors with a multimeter but I can't remember offhand what the reading should be.
He is coming back to check it out.

From reading other forums it sounds like the air temp sensor is always off. Probably just the water sensor needs replacement, as it always shows the same temp.

For the price that Jandy charges for these, I would expect for it be perfect.

He is coming back to check it out.

From reading other forums it sounds like the air temp sensor is always off. Probably just the water sensor needs replacement, as it always shows the same temp.

For the price that Jandy charges for these, I would expect for it be perfect.

Mine is dead on always within 1 degree for both water and air. I moved mine out from under the box, though.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.