Teeny tiny red almost spider like bugs???

GigiStratford

Bronze Supporter
May 19, 2020
Long Island, NY
Aaahhhhh! Help! Just got pool clear, after new opening to a green hazy pool. SLAMMED a couple times with brushing and vacuuming to waste.... water is clear chemistry decent, here are numbers:
pH 7.6, FC 5.2, CC 0, TA 65, CYA 30, CH 50 Salt 3500
This past week During patio Construction I put sock liners in skimmer baskets to help skim concrete dust and pollen.... today LO and BEHOLD - I pull out sock liner and its covered in hundred teeny tiny red bugs almost look like spider but not enough legs!!! Aarrgh!! I’m cringing and freaked out! What are they and most importantly how do I get rid of them? Every couple of days i see a huge black oval beetle like guy in there but not much else other than leaves. Ugh yuck help.

Those are red spider mites and they LOVE inground pools. Most broad spectrum insecticides will handle them. They infest plants and migrate to the pool for water.
🤮🤬 Thanks. After I posted I found some pics to confirm on google. But no real solution other than don't plant near pool. Not an option for anyone with trees or grass in yard! So do you just spray the insecticide on outer edge of concrete Patio and walkway to stem their migration.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.