Tee Shaped pool in Alabama * UPDATED PICS 4/21/13

Re: Pool under construction in Alabama * UPDATED PICS 4/9/13

Day 7

The rain that was supposed to be here this morning decided to wait until after lunch so thankfully the pb got some work done in the morning :goodjob:

They did a couple of feet of backfill around the base of the pool. PB said it was a great time to do that because the rain would help the dirt to settle some. Hoping the rain will move out early this evening and that dry, sunny weather will set in. PB needs 4 dry days to get the pool krete done and the liner dropped in. It's getting closer :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Quick question...how long do you typically let the ground settle before you pour concrete decking? We have lots and lots of rocks in our red dirt and I believe that the pb said he was going to put gravel in the backfill as well.

Attachments

• pool day 7a.jpg
    pool day 7a.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 165
  • pool day 7b.jpg
    pool day 7b.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 165
  • pool day 7.jpg
    pool day 7.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 165
Re: Tee Shaped pool in Alabama * UPDATED PICS 4/17/13

Pool build day 8:
PB started putting the pool krete in the bottom of the pool. He got about 2/3 finished..should finish pool krete tomorrow and then get the liner in. :goodjob:

Attachments

• pool day 8.jpg
    pool day 8.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 142
Re: Tee Shaped pool in Alabama * UPDATED PICS 4/10/13

Pool Build Day 9:
PB finished up the Pool Krete, got the liner in and it's got water going in now!! YAY :lol: :cool: :p :-D
I'm loving the sandstone liner!

Attachments

• pool day 9A.jpg
    pool day 9A.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 141

Day 10:
PB cut the liner around the steps, got the wrinkles out of the liner and the pool is slowly filling up. I really wish we had better water pressure :cry:

The sandstone Mayan liner has turned out great. The water is a gorgeous aqua color. Can't wait to see it when the pools full :cheers:

Attachments

• pool day 9.jpg
    pool day 9.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 142

Thanks for sharing your build, it looks great so far! What part of Alabama are you in? I live in Altoona, between Gadsden and Oneonta. I'll be so glad when this pollen is gone. It seems worse than usual this year.

@Samantha_in_Alabama....we are in Northwest Alabama. Like you, I'm sick of pollen!! Be glad when its gone.

Thanks for the pool compliment. Its our first pool so I've been very anxious about every decision we've made. We have 3 teenagers at home so we decided to go with a big pool versus a smaller, fancier pool. I think we made he right call decision.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

I agree it was a good decision going with the bigger one. I've never heard anyone complain about having too much pool. Right now we have an above ground because me and the kids were impatient when we moved here. We had one where we lived before and couldn't stand the thought of being without one for any amount of time. Hopefully we will get to start construction on our in ground very soon. It would've been great if this forum existed when we built out first pool. We did it all ourselves and learned from our mistakes. Our next one will be much easier.

I love your liner, it looks amazing!

Re: Tee Shaped pool in Alabama * UPDATED PICS 4/19/13

:wave: Pool Build Day 10:

POOLS FINALLY FULL :cool:
The PB got the fronts to the skimmers installed as well as the jets. Went to install the lights and one of the lights had a wire that was about 10 feet too short so he's getting a longer wire and finishing up the light installation today.

They started on the retaining wall and got a section of that done. I had ordered a more neutral rock for the wall but it came in "brick blend", a red color. I could have sent it back but it would have delayed the pb constructing the wall for a week so I went with the "brick blend". As it turns out, I really like it a lot.

Now the delimma is how to connect our deck to the retaining wall of the pool...any suggestions? Leaning toward just extending the deck and then adding steps made from the retaining wall blocks???

PB says the pool will get inspected as soon as he gets the lights wired up and the diving board base set. It's moving along pretty quickly now~

I have to take a second to brag on my pb...after having to delay the start of our pool by a month+, since starting our pool he has worked every day that the weather was cooperative. He doesn't contract any of the build out other than the electrical & he's been at the build every day that there's been work done. He has a small crew that works for him and they are all very hard workers and keep a very, very clean work area. So far, we couldn't be any happier with our choice of PB :goodjob:

Attachments

• pool day 10.jpg
    pool day 10.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 87

myoung36

Any way you can get a good pic of the liner full. We are at the stage of picking out our liner and that is the same one we are leaning towards, along with the white steps. My wife would love to see how it looks

@mclemenc - Here's a pic of the liner now that the pool is full. If it's sunny tomorrow I'll take a better pic and post it for you. We couldn't be happier with the liner choice. Our PB just replaced his own pool's liner and went with the same thing and he said he's very pleased with it.

Let me know what you decide about your liner.

Thanks! :-D

Attachments

• Day 11.jpg
    Day 11.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 71
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.