TCell reads very low salt count???

cherwill

Jun 24, 2010
I kept getting a low salt reading on my swg, i added so much salt that it had to be partially drained. test strip reads 3600 and swg reads 1500 with board indicaters light( check salt, check /cell) I have cleaned the cell in acid and see no signs of buildup. I have replaced the flow switch because that was the first indicater needed. This is an quarite system. Please give me some needed input of what i should do? Must I buy a new cell, this one is four years old. :grrrr:

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
Welcome to TFP!

How old is the cell? Check cell can come up for a wide variety of reasons, one of them is that the cell is getting old and needs to be replaced.

cherwill

Jun 24, 2010
The cell is 4 yrs old. Looks real good inside. Any suggestions on where to purchase a replacement sinse i am very short on funds at this time. Just had surgery.

waste

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2007
Coastalish 'down easter'
Welcome to TFP!!

I happen to have an older, but still working cell that I'll happily send you to check to see if you need a new cell. (of course I'd want it back after your done :) ) This is the reason I kept the cell, to enable members here to use it as a tester :cool:

If you'd like to use my cell, PM me your address (I ask no $ but, please send it back when you're done :goodjob: )